Apple did not offer many mandatory discounts for Black Friday or Cyber Monday, but today it launched a significant boost for the exchange of credit for older iPhones. The amount you are receiving is probably not equal to what you would earn when selling on Craigslist or elsewhere, but Apple's option is based on convenience.
It is worth noting that this promotion is only open to those who are updating to the iPhone 2018 line, ie XS, XS Max or XR. (That is a way to increase demand). Exactly how much more exchange credit you will receive will depend on the phone you deliver:
- iPhone 6 is worth $ 150, above $ 75
- iPhone 6 Plus is worth $ 200, above $ 100
- iPhone 6S is also worth $ 200, above $ 100
- iPhone 6S Plus has a value of $ 250, above $ 150
- iPhone 7 is worth $ 250, above $ 175
- iPhone 7 Plus is worth $ 300, just over $ 250
- iPhone 8 is also worth $ 300, above $ 250
If you have an iPhone 8 Plus, an iPhone X or something newer, your value will not be affected by the promotion, which should be extended for the rest of this year until 2019.