Playtonic Games has announced the release date for the Nintendo Switch port of Yooka-Laylee .
The colorful 3D platform game will hit the hybrid console on December 14. Featured above, you can see a new trailer showing the Switch port of the game.
The Switch version works at 900p in docked mode and 600p in portable mode, and also presents its own system of achievements in the game based on the Trophies / Achievements seen in the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions of the game. It also has patches and fixes implemented after the release from the beginning that further polish the game.
If you backed the game on Kickstarter for the Wii U version and still opted for the Switch port when the Wii U port was canceled – You will get a Switch code by email on the day of release.
Here is a summary of the game, through Playtonic:
Yooka-Laylee is a totally new open-world platform from veterans of the Playtonic genre!
Explore huge and beautiful worlds, meet (and surpbad) a cast of unforgettable characters and fill a collection of bright collectibles while the duo Yooka (the green) and Laylee (the mischievous bat with the big nose) embark on an epic adventure to thwart corporate capital B and its intricate scheme to absorb all the books in the world … and turn them into pure profit!
Using their arsenal of special moves, our heroes will tackle a variety of puzzle and platform challenges in their quest for Pagies, the golden reward used to unlock – and expand – impressive new worlds, each crammed with extravagant characters, bosses huge, minicar challenges, arcade games, contests, multiplayer games … and much more!
- INTRODUCING OUR NEW BUDDY DUO : Yooka and Laylee have an impressive array of skills designed for platform fun and unlocked with more freedom from the Trowzer snake dealer.
- CARVE YOUR PROPOSE PATH : buy and unlock moves with freedom, choose to expand your favorite worlds to even bigger and more complex playgrounds and equip unique Tonic game modifiers to customize your game style. Each player will have a unique experience.
- A WEAPON COLLECTOR FOR THE MODERN ERA : Look for a list of brilliant collectibles with game progression in their core (as well as other more valuable materials), such as the double action Butterfly Energy or the deceptive Ghost Writers.
- A CAST TO ULT : Meet (or beat) a huge cast of memorable characters that the art and audio teams behind the legendary platform games have resulted in enduring future adventures as part of the universe of Playtonic. Expect all kinds of grunts, squawks and squawks.
- A SONORA BAND FOR DREAMS : David Wise (Donkey Kong Country) and Grant Kirkhope (Banjo-Kazooie) combine for a melodic masterpiece. Seriously, wipe your ears, they are on a whim.
- BUDDY UP : Set up your own duo of friends and adventures through Yooka-Laylee in cooperative mode! Taking control of a unique cooperative character, a second player can help Yooka and Laylee by stunning the enemies and helping them face complicated challenges. No additional transportation is required.
- AND MUCH MORE : Discover exclusive boss fights, mine car challenges, retro-tastic arcade games, contests and 8 unique multiplayer games!
Currently, Yooka-Laylee available for PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
About Brandon Orselli
Big Papa Overlord in Niche Gamer. Italian. Dad. Outside the law fighting for a better gaming industry. I also write about music, food and beer. I am also a technician.