A Winnipeg trainer was discovered lifeless in Cambodia Tuesday after reportedly taking over-the-counter medication from a pharmacy.
Abbey Amisola, 27, and her British pal Natalie Seymour, 22, had been discovered unconscious at Monkey Republic Guest House in Kampot, CBC News experiences. The pals had been sick the evening earlier than with dangerous vomiting and diarrhea.
Seymour’s mom, Wendy Bowler, advised the Daily Mail her daughter had despatched her a WhatsApp message to say she was in poor health.
“My daughter had already told me she wasn’t well and said she might go and get something to make her feel better,” Bowler mentioned. “The hotel manager was going up and down with drinks and told them they should go to a medical centre.”
A workers member discovered the ladies they usually had been rushed to hospital however later pronounced lifeless, CBC News reported. Cambodian investigators mentioned they imagine they died after taking an excessive amount of remedy.
Global Affairs Canada confirmed Canadian died in Cambodia however declined to substantiate any particulars.
“Our ideas exit to the household and pals of the Canadian citizen who has handed away,” spokesman Philip Hannan mentioned in an e-mail to HuffPost Canada. “Consular officials in Cambodia are providing consular badistance to the family and are also in contact with local authorities.”
‘The gentle of our household’
Amisola’s household advised Global News that Winnipeg police advised them Tuesday evening that she had died.
“Abbey was the light of our family and her friends, as well as a devoted and loved high school teacher,” the unnamed relative mentioned. “Her smile and laugh were contagious, and her brave and kind-hearted soul will never be forgotten.”
Friends arrange a GoFundMe marketing campaign to badist Amisola’s household with the funeral prices.
“Abbey Amisola was beautiful, kind and loved by all that knew her,” Tyler and Samantha Gilkes wrote on the fundraising web page.
Previously On HuffPost:
Suggest a correction