Some residents of Prince George’s County said they were refused when they tried a second coronovirus test.
A sign reading “No Retest” was spotted with a test sight in Chillum on Saturday. County officials said the sign was being removed and all Prince Georgian should receive a test to determine “whether they are symptomatic, have a known or suspected risk in a positive case, or are part of a county contact tracing case investigation . ”
It comes as a Maryland village. Larry Hogan noted the state’s positivity rate and a new low for many counties, including Prince George. The state recorded a 3.75% positivity rate and the county had 5.53%.
Download our free NBC Washington app to get the latest local news and weather for iOS or Android.
The Virginia Health Department said that cases resulting from a technical problem should be reported on Wednesday and Thursday and reported on Friday.
However, even on average last week, the rush of new cases indicates that Virginia is still in that boom.
Data from Maryland and DC support the idea that offtake in those areas is decreasing for now. And the proportion of positive cases in Maryland fell to less than 4% for the first time.
Disagreements between leaders in the suburbs of Maryland and the governor’s office are two major collapse events: elections and back-to-school.
Government Larry Hogan wants all Maryland polling stations to open for long lines and delays during primaries after the November election.
Prince George’s County Executive Angela Alsobrox has sharply criticized the governor’s plan and accused him of doing “politics for health and safety”. He proposed a number of things, including opening just 15 polling places in the county on election day and expanding early voting.
State elections on Friday to consider their recommendations for Governor XX
Montgomery County’s school board confirmed plans to allow public schools to conduct the first semester of classes online. There was a conflict between the county and the state as to whether private schools could hold on to individual classrooms.
Health Officer Travis Gulls ordered on Wednesday that non-republic schools are required to remain closed from 1 October.
What does the data show
DC, Maryland and Virginia are making progress on reducing the number of new cases added each day on average. But the levels are still significantly higher than a month ago.
Virginia reported 841 new cases on Sunday.
The governor said more than 1 million Marylanders have been tested for coronovirus. Testing the ramp, fewer cases in the state are indicating infection, Hogan said.
The state reached a new record level for a daily positivity rate of 2.75%.
DC saw the highest recorded jump since July 21, with 100 cases on Sunday 21 July.
The map below shows the number of coronovirus cases diagnosed per 1,000 inhabitants.
Coronavirus Cases DC in Maryland and Virginia
COVID-19 Cases Based on Population by County of DC and Maryland and Virginia
Local Coronavirus Headlines
- New research from Children’s National Hospital in Washington DC found racial disparities in how coronovirus affects children. Read more.
- Virginia has rolled out a smartphone app to automatically notify people, if they can be exposed to coronovirus, to become the first US state to use the new epidemic technology created by Apple and Google. Read more.
- A group of frontline employees and union leaders at the Washington DC VA Medical Center said that the agency is not ensuring that workers exposed to COVID-19 are given work leave to prevent further spread of the virus. Read more.
- Many parents are suing for the right to send their children to a private school in Montgomery County, Maryland. Read more.
- A new University of Virginia study estimates that very few virgin people have COVID-19 antibodies. Read more.
- Some dealers at MGM National Harbor said between positive coronavirus cases and quarantine, the casino is losing staff. Read more.
- Those who recently attended services at a Catholic church in DC are being advised to self-quarantine after pastors, who criticized coronovirus-related restrictions, tested positive for the virus. Read more.
- American Airlines says it delayed flight from Virginia after a passenger refused to follow its policy requiring a face mask. Read more.
- Private and parochial schools in Maryland can choose when to reopen after a back-and-forth between county health officials and the governor. Read more.
- According to the county executive office, Prince George’s County is revising the executive order to reopen its phase two due to an uptick in coronovirus cases.
- Virginia entered Phase Three on July 1, loosening restrictions on restaurants, stores, gyms and pools. Northam said more restrictions could be implemented if matters continued to escalate.
- Prince George’s County entered full phase two on June 23, re-opening the MGM Casino and Gym.
- DC, entered phase two on June 22, allows indoor dining, gyms, libraries and houses of worship to reopen with restrictions.
- Montgomery County re-entered on June 19 with a ban gym, house of worship, indoor dining and retail.
- Maryland entered phase two of the reopening on June 10, allowing indoor dining, outdoor pools and recreation for outdoor reuse.
How to be safe
There are ways to reduce your risk of catching coronavirus. CDC guidelines are as follows:
- Anyone over 2 years of age should wear a mask or face cover. Keep it above your nose and mouth.
- Wash your hands often. When you do, clean with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. As a backup, use hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Whoever lives outside your home, avoid close contact with him. This means being six feet away from anyone outside your circle, even if you have worn a mask.
- Always cover cough and sneeze.
- Clean and germinate frequently touched surfaces.