Macy’s is closing some of its storefronts, with sales declining and foot-traffic decreasing due to the coronavirus virus epidemic in shopping malls.
Macy’s employees at 45 locations reported that their stores would close in 2021, including five within the Texas Mall.
Texas stores expected to close include:
- Golden Triangle Mall Located at A, 2201 South Interstate 35 East Ste. In denton
- Post oak mall Located at 1508 Harvey Road in College Station
- Riverscenter Mall Located at 151 Bowie St. in San Antonio
- Rolling Oaks Mall 6909 North Loop is located at 1604 East Ste. 2055 in san antonio
- Vista Ridge Mall 2401 South Stemmons Freeway is located at Ste. 6000 in lewisville
Business Insider quoted a spokesperson as saying, “As previously announced, Macy’s, Inc. is committed to empowering our store fleet by focusing our existing retail locations into desirable and well-traffic A&B malls is.” “These closures bring us closer to achieving the right mix of mall-based stores.”
According to Business Insider, the company differs from the company’s plan to close a fifth of its stores by 2023.
As select locations are preparing to close this year, some have already started liquidation sales, while others plan by the end of the month.
Click here to see a list of locations to be closed in 2021.
Copyright 2021 by KPRC Click2Houston – All rights reserved.