Video shows the chaotic consequences of CHOP’s deadly shooting


The new video shows the chaotic aftermath of Monday’s deadly shooting in the Seattle Capitol organized protest area, which a volunteer doctor described as a “war zone.”

Images posted on Facebook by Converge Media show the frenzy inside the police-free CHOP zone after the shooting erupted around 3 a.m.Monday, leaving a 16-year-old boy dead and a younger teenager seriously injured.

The nearly 40-minute clip also shows the bullet-laden white Jeep Cherokee SUV in which the teens were believed to be traveling.

Witnesses said they had seen the vehicle near one of the makeshift barriers around the protest area just before the shooting, Seattle police said.

Callers to 911 reported that several people shot at the vehicle.

Marty Jackson, a volunteer physician in the CHOP zone, told the local KUOW station that people should stop coming to the area, “Because now it is like an active war zone.”

“If we continue to stay here, we continue to make ourselves a target and that makes medical care and security more difficult, the more people come here, you know, the more we have to monitor afterwards …” he said. “We’ve had fights, you know, we’ve had, you know, weapons, heavy shots.”

Jackson alleged that the security guards in the protest area were the ones who shot the SUV after it crashed into a concrete barrier outside the area.

He said he heard gunshots early Monday morning and saw the SUV go through Cal Anderson Park, which is part of the occupied area.

Then he heard more gunshots near the abandoned Seattle Police East Precinct at 12th Street and Pine, and calls doctors.

When he arrived, the doctors were treating two injured people. Jackson said one of them looked like he was going to survive, but the other had received a blow to the head.

“The guy I’m working with was shot twice in the face, once in the temple and once in the jaw. Probably four or five times on the arm and then once on the side, “Jackson told the store.

He said it took about 15 minutes to notify paramedics to help the wounded. When they reached emergency personnel, the person who was shot in the head was dead, Jackson said.

Jackson also said he believed CHOP medical personnel had not acted quickly enough to help victims, whom he acknowledged had been in the area the previous nights.

Police on Tuesday provided no updates on the violence, which took place just over a week after another shooting in the area left a 19-year-old man dead and a 33-year-old man injured.

Chief Carmen Best said Monday that it appeared that the crime scene in the most recent shooting had been tampered with, making it difficult for investigators.

“Our homicide detectives searched the Jeep for evidence, but there wasn’t much we could find,” Best said.

“It is very clear to our detectives that people had gotten in and out of the car after the shooting.”

Detectives trust witnesses to find out what happened, but Best said that, as with the other shootings in the area, “people are not cooperating with our requests for help.”

.

Check Also

Man fights one of the world’s deadliest snakes as he drives down the highway

The driver, a 27-year-old man identified only as “Jimmy” in a police news release released …