The Ministry of General Education and Instruction has postponed the South Sudan Certificate Examination (SCE) which was due to begin on February 5 for a week due to lack of funds.
] Deng Deng Hoc, Minister of General Education and Instructions [Gurtong file photo]
By Jale Richard
JUBA, January 4, 2017 [Gurtong] – Minister Deng Deng Hoc of General Education and Instruction said that the Ministry decided to extend the exam from February 5 to February 12 after delays in obtaining the money to run the costs of the exams.
"The exams will not start as announced before, but will start on Monday, February 12, 2018 and will last approximately two weeks," Minister Deng told reporters on Thursday.
Last year, the Ministry of General Education and Instruction had to postpone the primary abandonment exams due to lack of funds.
"Therefore, I want to take it. It is an opportunity to apologize for the delay for the exam in seven days, it is not a long time but we apologize for the circumstances that are out of our control due to the delay in the disbursement of the money of the Ministry of Finance and also the delivery of Ugandan papers and ink made it impossible for us to carry out the examinations on time, "added Deng.
It is expected that more than 13,000 candidates, 3,686 women and 10,135 men will take exams in 167 examination centers throughout the country. .
However, Minister Deng revealed that the states including Fashoda, Latjor, Maiwut, Fangak, Akobo, the Central High Rhine, Liech of the South and Bieh are not going to participate in the examinations because they did not register candidates in their states due to The insecurity.
Mading Manyok Ajak, Secretary of Secondary Education, said that the set of exams covered all the levels of the secondary plans of studies that will allow any candidate to approve if they read with force.
"We encourage candidates to read what they were taught to pass the exam because we set it up according to the educational system," Ajak said.