Cleveland, Ohio – Acting Manager Sandy Alomar said it’s better than one and done, but it still has the ability to get out quicker than all the work that was happening there
He was talking about MLB opening the extended postman with three best wild-card rounds in the American League on Tuesday night. It featured eight Indians, who made their postmarton debut against the Yankees at Progressive Field on Tuesday night.
The eighth NL team will begin play on Wednesday.
Alomar said, “In every game you have to treat it.” “If you go down 1–0, it means you have an opportunity to survive, so at least this situation is better than the old wild card. This is an opportunity to appear or return in a series when it is 1-0. I like it better. “
Yankee manager Aaron Boone was asked whether the best-of-three arrangements made Game 1 a “do or die” situation.
“approximately”. . You’ve got two to win. “She said.” It’s 2020, we are grateful as athletes and coaches and staff, who are working at this time of the year. To be able to get through this season and get into a postseason position. There are many people for whom we are grateful – security guards, bus drivers, trainers. Yes, it is a bit unconventional, but we are grateful to be here and this is the opportunity. Best two out of three, so be it. “
* Indians and Yankees meet For the first time this season on Tuesday, due to a shortened 60-game season. Alomar said it reminded of the days when there was no interleague play and the AL and NL champions met for the first time in the World Series.
“It’s like the old days,” Alomar said. “This is really what this is. It’s so weird, they’re in the same league but we haven’t seen them all year. They haven’t seen us. Yes, it’s a weird year.”
Alomar sees this as an opportunity for Indians.
“Under the circumstance, it’s going to be exciting,” he said. “It’s going to be exciting to face a great team, the New York Yankees. Our guys are excited for the chance to be in the postseason. They worked hard all year, and then in the final week of the season they showed how baseball Can play, which is a better performance. “
* Boone said he is praying for Indian manager Terry Francona To recover from his August surgery. He also praised Alomar for the work he did for Francona.
Boone, who played for the Indians in 2005 and in 2006, said, “Sandy is a ton of respect for me.” Those great Cleveland teams. . I know he did a great job taking Tito, especially down the stretch. “
* Tyler Naquin, who fouls a ball Closed his knees Saturday night and did not play in Sunday’s regular season finals, doing better.
“He says he’s fine,” Alomar said.
* Francisco Lindor goes on the defensive Asked what obstacle / problem Yankee starter Gerrit Cole presented him as. Cole will start for the Yankees on Tuesday night, while Shane Bieber will debut for the Indians.
“Obstacles?” Lindor said. “I don’t know what you mean by obstacles. I really can’t.”
“Problems? I’m blanketing, man. I don’t know what answer you’re expecting. You want me to say a lot of problems? No problem? I don’t know what you’re trying to start.” Huh.
“Cole is a very good pitcher. He said we are going to make quality pitches and we are making quality swings and hopefully we come out on top
Asked what he learned from encountering Cole in the past, Lindor said, “I could tell you a lot of things, but I am not trying to help them.” you will see.”
* Asked how much he would pay for the ticket To see Beeb and Cole pitch against each other as they would in the vacant progressive field Tuesday night, Catch Roberto Perez said, “If I was a fan, I’d pay anything. It’s going to be a fun series . “
* Indians and Yanks must submit their 28-member rosters to the Commissioner’s Office by 10 am Tuesday. Each team is expected to carry 12 to 13 pitchers. . . Lindor and Jose Ramirez have the most postseason experience on Indians. He has played 23 games each. Carlos Santana and Perez are with 21 and 19 games respectively. . .DJ LeMahieu became the fourth Yankee to lead the big league in hit .364 batting average. He joined Mickey Mandalay in 1956, Joe DiMaggio in 1939 and Lou Gehrig in 1934. .Bone reported on Monday that Kyle Higashioka will catch Cole on Tuesday night. They said that they are doing a good job together.
New Indians face masks for sale: Here you can purchase Cleveland Indians-themed face coverings for coronovirus protection, including a single mask ($ 14.99) and a 3-pack ($ 24.99). All MLBs donated to charity.
More Indian coverage
Cleveland Indians’ Shane Bieber Wins MLB Triple Crown, Seeking Playoff Success
Cleveland Indians Prepare for New York Wild Card AL Wild Card Round (Podcast)
Sandy Alomar will manage the Cleveland Indians through their 2020 playoff run
The Cleveland Indians will host the New York Wild Card AL Wild Card Series at Progressive Field starting Tuesday
Carlos Carrasco will begin the Game 2 wild card series of the Cleveland Indians; Get ready Zach Plesac potential Game 3, Cleveland – Trump, Biden and now the New York Yankees are coming here this week. Presidential debate, MLB playoff
Indians vs Yankees preview, browse breakdown with Bud Shaw: Monday’s ‘More Games and Les Levin’