Allen Crowder kept his promise to upset controversial heavyweight debutant Greg Hardy, however, it was not as he wanted, in the UFC on ESPN + 1 co-headliner.
Crowder (10-3 MMA, 1-1 UFC) got his first victory in the Octagon when he defeated Hardy (3-1 MMA, 0-1 UFC) by disqualification after the former NFL standout landed an illegal knee in The second round of the co-main event of the inaugural ESPN + card, which took place at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, NY
See below the main reactions of Twitter to Crowder's victory over Hardy at UFC on ESPN + 1.
* * * *
Greg Hardy just knelt down to Allen Crowder when he was down. Of course that's how the fight ends. The crowd inside Barclays is singing, "a hole, a hole".#UFCBrooklyn
– Chamatkar Sandhu (@SandhuMMA) January 20, 2019
I saw that knee coming from a mile away. That is definitely not a good look. #UFCBROOKLYN
– Julián Márquez (@JMarquezMMA) January 20, 2019
Greg Hardy is going to suffer his first loss in his career through DQ
– Aaron Bronsteter (@aaronbronsteter) January 20, 2019
Lol, it could not have been otherwise.
– David Michaud (@bulldawgUFC) January 20, 2019
It's not the way many would have wanted to see Hardy lose, but still somehow in the brand.
– Dan Tom (@DanTomMMA) January 20, 2019
I knew it was illegal. I wanted an exit. The women's blenders are all cowards.
– Dan Hangman Hooker (@danthehangman) January 20, 2019
Think @GregHardyJr Did he do it on purpose because he wanted to get out of the fight or just do not know the rules?
– Jimmie Rivera (@ JimmieRivera135) January 20, 2019
That was the worst ending Hardy could ask for.
– Matt Brown (@IamTheImmortal) January 20, 2019
Nothing like a blatantly illegal knee to make people forget your "transgressions".
– Ben Fowlkes (@benfowlkesMMA) January 20, 2019
That was incredibly unsatisfying.
– Sean O & # 39; Connell (@realOCsports) January 20, 2019
For full UFC coverage on ESPN + 1, see the UFC Events section of the site.