Trump raised eyebrows with the tweet announcing that he did not have ‘a series of mini-strokes’


President Donald Trump posted a shocking tweet on Tuesday stating that he had not performed a series of “mini strokes” – and the White House physician issued a statement backing his claim.

“It never ends! Now they are trying to say that your favorite president, me, went to Walter Reed Medical Center, faced a series of mini-strokes. It never happened to the candidate – FAKE NEWS for.” Trump tweeted.

The tweet was followed hours later by a statement by White House physician Sean Conley, who said he was speaking at Trump’s request. “I can confirm that President Trump has not experienced nor been evaluated for a cerebrovascular accident (stroke), transient ischemic attack (mini stroke), or any acute cardiac emergencies, as in the media. Has been misreported, ”Conley said.

No major media outlets have reported in recent days that Trump had a series of mini strokes.

A White House aide told NBC News that Trump was referring to a tweet by former President Bill Clinton’s former press secretary, Joe Lockhart, who asked A tweet on monday If Trump “has a stroke he is hiding from the American public.” Lockhart did not mention the “mini-stroke”.

Lockhart tweeted that a new question from Trump’s mysterious November 2019 new account at Walter Reed Medical Center, which went on sale Tuesday, sparked his question.

New York Times reporter Michael S. Schmidt explains in his new book “Donald Trump vs. the United States,” “In the hours leading up to Trump’s visit to the hospital, the word went out to the vice president in the West Wing. Standby to temporarily hold presidential powers.” But if Trump had to go through a process that would have required him to be an anesthetic. “

Vice President Mike Pence never acknowledged those powers, and Schmidt’s book did not speculate on the nature of the trip. The book “says nothing about mini-strokes” Schmidt tweeted Tuesday.

Last year, Walter Reed’s visit to Trump was undeclared and was shying away from secrecy for two days as the president was out of public view.

The White House later said the visit was routine and Trump said it was “one of my annual physical states.” Conley said in June that Trump had completed his physical in April, and reported that he is “healthy.”

Peter alexander has contributed.