Citing documents and interviews with current and former government officials, the New York Times reported on Tuesday that it included an attempt to find data suggesting that the epidemic was weakening and that coronovirus children are not at risk.
Vice President Former Member Mike penceMichael (Mike) Richard Pencens Announces Plan to Distribute 100M Rapid COVID-19 Trial to States, Increases Fears of Chaotic Elections Former Pence Aide: White House Employees Discuss Trump’s Refusal to Leave OfficeSince resigning, staff told the Times that it was asked on more than one occasion by Mark Short, Pence’s chief of staff, to convince CDC leaders and present evidence that the virus had little effect on children. is.
The New Times report comes on the heels of a CDC study this week reporting coronoviruses are twice as high as juveniles compared to younger children. Separately, a study by the American Academy of Pediatrics and the Children’s Hospital Association showed a dramatic increase in coronovirus cases among children in recent weeks.
Earlier this year, the CDC was forced to revise its guidance for re-operating the school after being pushed back on them by Trump, saying they were “expensive” and “difficult” for districts. “.
“The president said today that we do not want the guidance to be too difficult,” Pence told a news conference in July. “That’s why, next week, the CDC is going to release a new tool, five separate documents that will provide even more clarity on the guidance going forward.”
On Monday, NBC News reported CDC director Drs. Robert told Redfield that a new member of the White House Task Force fighting the coronaires, Drs. Scott Atlas went unheard on the phone, accusing him of feeding Trump fogus science about the epidemic. .
“Everything he says is a lie,” Redfield said of Atlas.
Neither the White House nor the CDC immediately responded to a request for comment.