LINCOLN, Neb. (KOLN) —Mayor Leirion Gaylor Baird and the Lincoln-Lancaster County Health Department announced 131 lab-confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Lancaster County on Sunday, bringing the community to a total of 8,877. The number of deaths in the community remains at 42.
go to COVID19.lincoln.ne.gov To access a dashboard that summarizes Lancaster County COVID-19 data.
Symptoms of COVID-19 include fever, cough, shortness of breath, frequent shaking with chills, recurrent muscle pain, headache, sore throat, new loss of taste or smell. If you have symptoms, please get tested. The trial is now open to all Lancaster County residents by appointment only.
The testing process begins with a free online risk assessment available at BrianHealth.com, CHIHealth.com or TestNebraska.com. Drives through test sites include:
- Brian Fitness: East Graham Tire Store, northeast corner of 19th and “O” streets.
- CHI Health St. Elizabeth and Test Nebraska: Gateway Mall, 6100 “O” St., northwest corner of the mall. Test Nebraska hours are 8 am to noon and 1 to 6 pm Monday.
The COVID-19 risk dial is on the “elevated orange”, indicating a high risk of the virus spreading. Residents are advised to follow these recommendations for the safety of themselves and others:
- Limit activities outside the home, as long as for work, school, medical care, or food.
- Work from home when possible.
- Stay at least six feet away from anyone outside the house.
- Face masks should be worn by people older than two years of age when indoors and unable to physical distance.
- Avoid large gatherings.
- Take part in small ceremonies and events with modifications only like physical disturbances, face masks etc.
- Follow CDC travel guidelines available at cdc.gov.
For more information, visit COVID19.lincoln.ne.gov Or call the health department hotline 402–441–8006.
Copyright 2020 KOLN. All rights reserved.