The very good remaster of Tony Hawk’s Professional Skater 1 & 2 It’s coming to next-gen consoles and the Nintendo Switch this year. The game will launch on PS5 and Xbox Series X / S on March 26, but there is no specific release date for the Switch launch beyond “2021.” The game was first released last year for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.
On next-gen consoles, you’ll be able to play the game at 120 fps in 1080p resolution or 60 fps in 4K, according to a blog post. (The PS5 and Xbox Series X can run in native 4K, while the Xbox Series S version can run at 1440p and upgrade to 4K.) The next generation version will also offer spatial audio.
Get ready to drop by and carry #THPS 1 + 2 to the next level on new platforms starting with PS5 ™, Xbox Series X | S – March 26 and on Nintendo Switch ™ – starting in 2021. AVAILABLE NOW on PS4 ™, Xbox One and PC. pic.twitter.com/NUVbECnx1e
– Professional Skater 1 and 2 by Tony Hawk (@TonyHawkTheGame) February 23, 2021
If you already have Tony Hawk’s Professional Skater 1 & 2 However, on PS4 or Xbox One, you won’t necessarily be entitled to a free upgrade to the next-gen version. Activision detailed the different upgrade scenarios on their website, but here’s the gist:
- If you own the Digital Deluxe versions of previous generation games, you can download the next generation update for free. (Although if you live in Japan, the upgrade from PS4 to PS5 will cost 100 yen, according to Activision.)
- If you originally purchased the game digitally but do not If you have the Digital Deluxe version, you can pay $ 10 to upgrade to the “Deluxe Cross-Gen Package”, which includes content from the Digital Deluxe version.
- If you have the physical version of the game for PS4, you will be able to upgrade to the PS5 version, but you will need to have your disc in your console to play the next generation version.
- If you have the physical version of Xbox One, you’re out of luck – there is no upgrade offer for the Xbox Series X / S version.