Three more COVID-19 deaths caused outbreak of Calaveras Nursing Home


San Andreas, CA – The continuation of death continues at San Andreas Nursing Home as Calaveras County also reports more positive COVID-19 cases.

Public health officials have confirmed three additional deaths at Avalon Health Care San Andreas. They include 1 female and 2 males above 65 years of age. All individuals tested positive for the virus. Health officials say no additional information about these individuals is available due to state privacy laws.

“The family and friends of Kailavaris who live away from Kolaver-19 face a future without their loved ones. Our deepest sympathies are for those who are currently mourning, ”Dr. Said Dean Kelata, Calaveras County Health Officer. “We must continue our efforts to slow down the spread of the virus and protect our most vulnerable people. It requires everyone from local businesses to everyone working together. Take action to protect yourself, your family and your community. Practice physical disturbances, cover the face, test, wash your hands frequently, stay home if you are ill and avoid any gatherings where physical disturbances and masking are not followed. ”

The county also reported seven additional coronavirus cases, including 1 female and 2 males between 18 and 49 years old, 1 male aged 50 to 64, and 3 females over 65 years old. Three cases were in District 1 and two cases were in District 3 and 5.

“Calaveras County remains among California counties where the county risk level is high enough. This means that some indoor business operations are allowed to proceed with specific modifications. Dr. Calita said that Calaveras can help reduce its risk by taking the necessary steps to prevent the virus from being exposed.

As reported last Friday, the county recorded eight deaths at the same care facility and five weeks prior to that week, as detailed here. However, currently, the county is only confirming 13 deaths related to COVID-19 as it awaits the official cause of death report. There are 305 confirmed cases of coronovirus in the county, 279 persons have recovered so far while 13 cases are active.

    .