Home / U.S. / The wife of the puller of Pulse nightclub will be judged in Orlando

The wife of the puller of Pulse nightclub will be judged in Orlando



The wife of Omar Mateen, the gunman who killed 49 people at an Orlando nightclub last year on behalf of ISIS, will face trial in the city of Florida, a judge ordered on Wednesday.

Noor Salman's lawyers filed a motion in September to have her trial moved to another city, alleging that media coverage of the attack and her husband's statements by Orlando Police Chief John Mina would not allow him have a fair trial, according to WESH.

Salman has been accused of Salman's husband, Mateen, killed 49 people and wounded 70 others when he opened fire on the Pulse nightclub on June 12, 2016 in one of the deadliest. He provided material support to a terrorist organization and obstruction of justice, Orlando Sentinel reported.

Massive shootings in the history of the United States.

The gay bar on the night of the shooting was filled with more than 300 people. Mateen called 911 when he made the attack to swear allegiance to ISIS, and shouted "Allahu Akbar" while contacting the officers, police sources told Fox News at the time of the attack.

Salman knew about her husband's plan before the shooting and how he promised loyalty to the terrorist group Islamic State, prosecutors said. She bought with her husband the night before the attack when she bought five containers of ammunition, according to a source close to the investigation of Fox News.

  A guest walks through the parking lot outside the Pulse Nightclub on the first anniversary of the shooting, in Orlando, Florida, USA. US, June 12, 2017. REUTERS / Scott Audette - RC1C81D7DF00

Prosecutors said Salman knew of her husband's plan to attack the Pulse nightclub before the mass shooting occurred.

(AP Photo)

The motion filed for Salman, according to the Sentinel, cited statements made by the police chief, one of which read: "I'm glad to see that Omar Mateen's wife has been accused of helping her. "

PULSE NIGHTCLUB SHOT: 49 VICTIMS REJECTED ONE YEAR AFTER

The statement comes from the comments Mina made when Salman was arrested in January. He said his arrest provides "some relief knowing someone will be responsible for that horrible crime."

The judge's order cited a ruling by the US Supreme Court. UU He said: "The prominence of media coverage does not necessarily produce prejudice and the impartiality of the jury does not require ignorance," WESH reported.

The Salman trial is scheduled for March 1.

Nicole Darrah covers breaking news for FoxNews.com. Follow her on Twitter @nicoledarrah .


Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *