Missouri attorney Mark McCloskey, who along with his wife Patricia brandished legally owned firearms when they confronted Black Lives Matter protesters at their St. Louis home last month, told “Hannity” on Monday. He believes President Trump quietly intervened when protesters returned to his neighborhood for the second time on July 3.
“The second night the people came and the cops were there … I had a source on the ground and I couldn’t confirm it, maybe you can,” host Sean Hannity told McCloskey. “Is it true that President Trump sent people to defend his neighborhood and nobody knew it?”
MISSOURI COUPLES WHO DEFENDED HOME HAD A RIFLE DURING THE POLICE SEARCH: REPORT
“That is the information we have,” replied McCloskey. “I think we got help from the top. That night, we had cooperation, I think, from the federal government, the state government, the local police department. That night they all stood up as champions, but it came from top to bottom.
“I cannot express my appreciation enough for everyone involved,” he added.
McCloskey joined “Hannity” after he told “Tucker Carlson Tonight” that “the rumor is that” he and his wife “will be charged soon” for the June 28 incident that received national attention.
ST ARMED THE OWNER OF LOUIS SAID TO THE THREATENED PROTESTORS TO KILL HER, MOVE TO HER HOME
The couple told “Hannity” last week that they were preparing to sit down to dinner on their porch when “300 to 500 people” burst into the door of their community and began to move toward them.
“[They said] they were going to kill us, “Patricia McCloskey recalled at the time.” They were going to go in there. They were going to burn the house down. They were going to live in our house after I died, and they pointed to different rooms and said, ‘That will be my room and that will be the living room and I am going to shower. that room.'”
McCloskey said Tuesday that he and his wife “did nothing wrong” in protecting their home and promised that they will not be “intimidated” by authorities who subject them to an investigation.
CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP
“They want to accuse me. The press has defamed me, and they are trying to intimidate us socially, but we did nothing wrong and we are not going to be intimidated,” he said. “We are not subject to intimidation and we will not back down.”
“It has been an intimidation campaign,” he added, “and we are going to fight it.”