Disclaimer: that’s not one of the actual prizes
Last night, the British Academy of Motion Picture and Television Arts (BAFTA) held its annual BAFTA Games Awards, which saw a cavalcade of excellent 2020 releases lined up in hopes of receiving recognition from Britain’s premier academy of arts and media. .
And when the curtain finally fell on the evening’s festivities, Supergiant Games’ hell emerged with the heaviest trophy bag, having won a total of five awards in numerous categories. Fantasy dungeon crawler took home gongs for artistic achievement, game design, and storytelling, with actor Logan cunningham getting the Supporting Role award for his work giving voice to numerous characters from the underworld. hell rounded out the night by winning the coveted Best Game award, a series of well-deserved accolades for a brilliant launch.
Despite being nominated in a whopping 13 categories, Naughty Dog’s The Last of Us Part II He only managed to take home three awards: Best Animation, EE Game of the Year voted by the public, and Actor Laura bailey won the title role for her excellent portrayal of double lead / antagonist Abby Anderson. From Nintendo Animal Crossing: New Horizons it bagged Best Multiplayer and “Game Beyond Entertainment.” Flying the little ones flag, Phobia Entertainment won the Best Debut award for its catchy body horror title. Carrion.
Congratulations to all the winners and nominees. There was a lot I didn’t like about 2020 but at least there’s no denying that our favorite pastime knocked him out of the park with blow, blow after blow, after blow. Check out the full list of winners below.
- Animation: The Last of Us Part II
- Artistic achievement: hell
- Audio Achievement: Tsushima ghost
- British game: Sackboy: a great adventure
- Evolving game: Sea of Thieves
- Family: Sackboy: a great adventure
- Game beyond entertainment: Animal Crossing: New Horizons
- Multiplayer: Animal Crossing: New Horizons
- Music: Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales
- Original property: Kentucky Route Zero: TV Edition
- Performer in a leading role: Laura Bailey (by The Last of Us Part II)
- Performer in a supporting role: Logan Cunningham (by hell)
- Technical achievement: Dreams
- EE Game of the Year: The Last of Us Part II