Norfolk police say he has spoken with the Duke of Edinburgh after he was imagined driving without a seatbelt, 48 hours after being involved in an accident near Sandringham in Norfolk.
A spokeswoman said that "appropriate advice has been given to the driver."
Meanwhile, Emma Fairweather, who broke her wrist in the crash, told the Mirror that the duke has not apologized.
A Palace spokesman said that contact had been made with the occupants of the car to exchange "good wishes."
The clash at Sandringham, in which Prince Philip & # 39; s Land Rover landed sideways, occurred on Thursday,
Two days later, the images in the Daily Mail and The Sun seemed to show the Duke, 97, driving alone on the Sandringham property in a new Land Rover without a seatbelt.
A spokeswoman for the Norfolk Police said the force was aware of the photographs and had spoken with the driver.
"This is in line with our standard response when we realize images of this type that show this type of crime," he said.
Mrs. Fairweather told the Sunday Mirror that "I'm lucky to be alive and he has not even said I'm sorry."
"It has been such a traumatic and painful moment and I would have expected more from the Royal Family," he added.
She said that she had not heard from the royal family, but that she received a call from a liaison officer of the police family.
"The message he conveyed did not even make sense." He said: "The Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh would like to be remembered," he said.
"That's not an apology, not even a wish."