Home / Others / The government must claim damages from the manufacturer of Dengvaxia

The government must claim damages from the manufacturer of Dengvaxia



The Philippine government will seek damages, not just a $ 3 billion full refund, from the manufacturer of the controversial Dengvaxia anti-dengue vaccine, Malacañang said on Sunday.

Presidential spokesman Harry Roque welcomed Sanofi Pasteur's decision to reimburse the Department of Health (DOH) P1.16 billion for stocks of unused dengue vaccine, but said the government would sue the company for recover the damages.

"We do not want to have more than P1 billion in public funds returned," Roque said in a radio interview.

& # 39; Not just full refund & # 39;

"But after the investigation and if it is established that Sanofi suppressed information that caused problems for our children, then we will seek not only a full refund, but also damages," he said.

Roque said that the government would seek damages once the investigation of the Senate, the Department of Justice, and the National Bureau had been completed. eau of Investigation.

DOH suspended its immunization program after Sanofi Pasteur announced the results of its new analysis showing that the vaccine could worsen symptoms in vaccinated persons who had not been previously exposed to the dengue virus. [19659002] The Secretary of Health, Francisco Duque III, said that the DOH would demand the reimbursement of the P3,500 million paid to Sanofi, as well as the creation of a compensation fund to cover the hospitalization and treatment of children with severe dengue .

Duque said that Sanofi reimbursed the government P.1.1 trillion for stocks of unused Dengvaxia vaccines.

The DOH is also following the advice of a National Panel of Experts to suspend the pending safety issues of the mass immunization program.

The DOH is waiting for the panel of experts of the General Hospital of the Philippines (PGH) to publish this week the preliminary result of its review on the cause of death of the 14 Dengvaxia receptors. [19659002] "Perhaps this week, the report on the 14 cases of the PGH panel [will be released]," said Undersecretary of Health Enrique Domingo in a text message.

Do not miss the latest news and information.

Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer and other more than 70 titles, share up to 5 devices, listen to the news, download from 4am and share articles on social networks. Call 896 6000.

For comments, complaints or inquiries, contact us.


Source link