Bayern Munich made a completely dominant effort to bring down Hoffenheim. Here are some quick hitters in the game:
Leon Goretzka had a game, huh? The former Schalke man and the German international prepared to lead the Bayern offense in their best game so far in red. Goretzka showed tenacity in the net and the athleticism that made him such a coveted player after the Confederations Cup 2017. This has been accumulating for a while with Goretzka, who has really appeared in the last two and a half months.
Thomas Müller and Robert Lewandowski were synchronized and disruptive. The decisions, careers and vision of the Bayern duo frustrated Hoffenheim throughout the game. Lewandowski's 87th minute score was the culmination of all that Bayern's offense could be.
Bayern did not waste time sending a message to the rest of the Bundesliga.
All the highlights of his victory at Hoffenheim in our 90's at 90 "⬇️ pic.twitter.com/PF5ME7yIw4
– FOX Soccer (@FOXSoccer) January 18, 2019
- Kingsley Coman had some moments and created some opportunities, but as indicated in the broadcast, his final product just needs more work. There were some encouraging signs, but he will have to do better in the last third against players like Borussia Dortmund or Liverpool.
- It was a very solid game for the four players of Joshua Kimmich, Niklas Süle, Mats Hummels and David Alaba. Of course, each player was not perfect, but each one was very, very solid at night against Manuel Neuer, who also made a great effort.
- Nico Schulz showed some flashes of why Joachim Low has rated him so high by Die Mannschaft. His goal was a spectacular effort.
- Julian Nagelsmann might have been too smart for his own good. Keeping Florian Grillitsch on the bench was not a good move against a team like Bayern. Grillitsch is the type of player who can give attacks to Bayern.
If you missed our Match Awards or Observations, take a look.
Could James Rodriguez be interested in joining Carlo Ancelotti with Napoli?
Arsenal could face the competition in his attempt to sign James Rodriguez after being linked with a shock move to Serie A. Corriere dello SportRodriguez could link up with former boss Carlo Ancelotti in Napoli while considering an early exit from his loan at Bayern Munich. The Colombian enjoyed his best season at Real Madrid with Ancelotti and the experienced Italian is a well-known admirer of the attacking midfielder.
Things are taking a bad turn for the volatile Paris Saint-Germain midfielder Adrien Rabiot. Rabiot has been linked to Bayern, FC Barcelona and Liverpool, among others, but now his transfer seems imminent, since his relationship with PSG seems to be weakened.
Adrien Rabiot has been banished to the reserves while his future in Paris Saint-Germain is at stake. The midfielder left the club's winter training camp in Qatar early for family reasons and is now training with the second rope. Rabiot is out of contract at the end of the season with Barcelona and Liverpool leading the pursuit of his signature.
His manager Thomas Tuchel said: "I have to prepare my team against Guingamp and it will be a team without Andrien. I respect the decisions of the club and this is a decision of the club. "
For all involved, Rabiot should leave Paris as quickly as possible.
Genoa striker Krzysztof Piątek has taken Italy by badault this season, but could go to AC Milan of Serie A, according to a report. Corriere dello Sport.
Today could be the decisive day for the transfer of Krzysztof Piątek to AC Milan. Sources have said Calciomercato.com that the representatives of Rossblù left Genoa around 1.30 (CET + 1) to meet AC Milan at the Milan House. The Rossoneri have yet to make their first formal offer: Genoa expects an offer of € 45 million (€ 40 million plus € 5 million in supplements).
Piatek, of course, has been linked to Bayern in recent months.
This is very nice.