YouTube has just released its most popular videos for 2017. The lists are broken down into Top Trending and Top Music, and compiled based on views, likes, comments, shares and more, according to YouTube.
The 10 best videos in the trend category were viewed more than 633 million times during more than 40 million hours on the Google video platform. Together they represent a spirit of escape that many found so appealing in 2017. Here you have the opportunity to relive those moments, or see what all the fuss was about, one last time.
Videos of main trends
- Until We will become dust – Oyster Masked (ตราบ ธุลี – น – หน้า ก ก นางรม) | THE MASK SINGER 2
- ED SHEERAN – Form of you | Choreography by Kyle Hanagami
- Ping Pong Cheat Shots 3 | Dude Perfect
- Darci Lynne: 12 year old ventriloquist gets gold buzz – America's Got Talent 2017
- Carpool Karaoke Ed Sheeran
- Lady Gaga's complete Zero Sugar Super Bowl LI Half-time Fair | NFL
- "DAY OF THE INAUGURATION" – A reading of the bad lip of the inauguration of Donald Trump
- world history, I suppose
- In a heartbeat – Animated short film
- Children interrupt the interview BBC News – BBC News  YouTube also revealed its top ten music videos for the year. The "Despacito" of Luis Fonsi finally overthrew the reign of five years of "Gangnam Style" to become the most watched YouTube music video of all time. Notably, six of the ten best music videos this year come from Latino artists.
Top Music Videos
- Luis Fonsi – Despacito ft. Daddy Yankee
- Ed Sheeran – Form of you [Official Video]
- J Balvin, Willy William – My People (Official video)
- Maluma – Happy the 4 (Official Video)
- Bruno Mars – That's what I like [Official Video]
- Chris Jeday – Now Says (Official video) ft. J. Balvin, Ozuna, Arcángel
- El Amante – Nicky Jam (Official Video) (Fénix Album)
- Jason Derulo – Swalla (feat Nicki Minaj and Ty Dolla $ ign) (Official music video)
- DJ Khaled – I'm the only ft Justin Bieber, Quavo, Chance the rapper, Lil Wayne
- Enrique Iglesias – SUBEME THE RADIO (Official video) ft. Descemer Bueno, Zion & Lennox
As Bill Wurtz said in YouTube's # 8 trend video: "A long time ago, never really, and also (now), nothing is nowhere. Sense, right?
Yes, Bill, strangely it makes sense, As 2017 goes down, that's exactly what I feel.