The Social Democrats are in sorrow.
Jens Nilsson, 69, has died after a short period of time.
– His death is a major loss for social democracy, says Party Secretary Lena Rådström Baastad.
Jens Nilsson, EU Parliamentarian for Social Democrats, has passed away. It states Swedish Social Democrats in the European Parliament in a press release.
Nilsson, former municipal council in Östersund, entered parliament in 2011 when increased number of mandates. Then he was elected for a new period after the 2014 election in the EU.
He has mainly devoted to transport, tourism and regional development issues.
"We are very pleased today with the offer of our colleague and friend, Jens Nilsson's prematurely deserted, "wrote S in the European Parliament in a press release.
– He went away this night after a short period of time," said Sigrid Bøe, Press Officer for S in the European Parliament. 19659009] "Big Loss"
Social Democrat Party Party Secretary Lena Rådström Baastad regrets the loss of his party mate.
– It is with sorrow I have been told that Jens Nilsson has intended us. My thoughts are of course to his family and relatives, but also to all those who lost a good party friend, "she says.
– Jens's commitment ranged from Östersund to Europe and the world.
Corazza Bildt: Care and Disappearance
In social media, several of the other Swedish parliamentarians share their sorrow.
– It is with sorrow and dismay Received the news that my dear colleague Jens Nilsson left us. I have respected and appreciated him both on a personal level and professionally. My thoughts go to his family and relatives, writes the European Parliamentary Anna Maria Corazza Bildt (M) on Twitter.
Aftonbladet's three headlines March 13 00:29