Sheryl Underwood is finally speaking after Sharon Osbourne’s departure from “The Talk” last month.
The news of Osbourne’s departure came a few weeks after a heated exchange between Osbourne and Underwood, in which Osbourne expressed his support for Piers Morgan after leaving “Good Morning Britain” over differing views on Meghan Markle after the explosive interview. of the Duchess of Sussex and Prince Harry with Oprah Winfrey.
Additionally, the intense discussion led to a subsequent internal investigation and an air hiatus before Osbourne finally walked away from the show.
Now, during an April 3 episode of his “Sheryl Underwood Radio” podcast, Underwood has opened up about the moment.
SHARON OSBOURNE FIGHTS TO RETURN TO ‘THE TALK’ IN THE MIDST OF EXTENDED HIATUS: ‘I DON’T KNOW IF THEY WANT ME’
“Sometimes in life, something happens and you say, ‘God, if only there were …’ There’s nothing I could have ‘just would have’; this was going to happen, out of my control,” Underwood, 57 , saying. “Sometimes you don’t want to know what you know.”
Since Osbourne left the show on March 26, Underwood revealed that the two have yet to speak and when asked if Osbourne had approached her directly to apologize, Underwood quickly replied “no” before reviewing her previous phone history for verify it. .
However, Osbourne took offense at Underwood’s claims that he had not apologized and shared alleged evidence to the Daily Mail in the form of screenshots that the conversation had in fact been interrupted.
“Not only did I send these messages to Sheryl, but I apologized to her in person in her dressing room,” Osbourne told the outlet on Tuesday. “Why do you say I never apologized Sheryl? What are you trying to do to me?”
Osbourne continued, “Why are you trying to destroy my reputation? Just be honest. Tell me.”
SHARON OSBOURNE ‘BITTERLY DISAPPOINTED’ TO LEAVE ‘THE TALK’: REPORT
In the alleged conversation between the harassed hosts, Osbourne writes in a message dated March 12, two days after the air dispute, that her heart is “heavy” and she is “deeply saddened by the events that occurred on Wednesday.”
“I don’t want to lose my true friend to this,” Osbourne allegedly continues. “I’m sorry to tell you to fuck off during recess, I’m sorry I accused you of pretending to cry while we were live and I’m sorry I lost my temper with you.”
Osbourne reportedly goes on to write that she “felt shocked, scared and saddened by what [she] it felt like an attack from the blind side. “
“You know me. You know I’ve always supported you,” Osbourne allegedly pleaded. “We have outlived everyone in this program and that is because we have always been a team and we support each other.”
Osbourne then allegedly writes that he considers Underwood a “genuine friend” before allegedly extending an olive branch to the funny woman to “talk on the phone on the weekend” if Underwood wanted to. “I am here. Once again from the bottom of my heart I am sorry.”
Osbourne reportedly pushes Underwood further: “Is there anything you need from me or that I can do to help you heal? Love and respect always – Sharon.”
According to the Daily Mail, that message had not received a response for three days before Osbourne sent a follow-up text message, dated March 15 at 1:45 p.m.
“Hi Sheryl. I know you’re taking space and I don’t want to disrespect that,” Osbourne reportedly wrote. “I’m only bringing you closer because I love you [to] I know I’m thinking of you If you’re willing, can we talk before Wednesday? Big kiss.”
It was allegedly another three days before Osbourne sent another text message on March 18 at 4:32 pm: “Sheryl, I’m thinking of you. I hope you’re okay. Sending my love.”
During Underwood’s three-part podcast episode titled “Sharon Walks Away,” the comedian said that when Osbourne, 68, joined the popular daytime talk show in 2011, Underwood had “heard things” about the former star of reality TV, but kept that instead of Taking what he was told at face value, he chose to meet Osbourne and the two became “fast friends.”
“I automatically fell in love with her because I like her. And I heard things and I thought, ‘They have nothing to do with me. My thing is, I’ll get to know you first, “Underwood said.
The actress added: “I had heard things, and I got phone calls about this and that and what I said to those people, I said, ‘Thanks for the information. Because listen, in this business you have all kinds of personalities, right? “
CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE TO OUR ENTERTAINMENT NEWSLETTER
Despite the public repercussions, Underwood said he still “loves” the Osbourne family “from what I’ve heard from them.”
Underwood said she doesn’t think Osbourne is racist and is “disappointed” with the way things turned out.
“I know nothing more than what I have experienced with them, and what has happened disappoints me.”
“And maybe people don’t want to hear me say, ‘I still love the Osbournes.’ I’m not saying I would like to be treated the way they treated me, “he added.” I’m very disappointed. And I’m just trying to navigate my feelings about it because it was a trauma. “
On March 26, it was revealed that the former reality star “decided to leave” the long-running daytime talk show, according to a statement from CBS and obtained by Fox News at the time.
“The events of the March 10 broadcast upset everyone involved, including the home audience,” the CBS statement said.
He continued: “As part of our review, we concluded that Sharon’s behavior towards her co-hosts during the March 10 episode did not align with our values of a respectful workplace. Nor did we find any evidence that executives CBS orchestrated the discussion or surprised any of the hosts. “
CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP
In a statement to Fox News on Tuesday, Osbourne’s representative said: “Sharon defends her comments.”
Representatives for Underwood did not immediately respond to Fox News’ request for comment.