All kinds of implications in the Eastern Conference playoffs were at stake on Thursday night, one of which was that the Caps could seal a fourth consecutive victory for the Metropolitan Division with a victory against a desperate for team points. Montreal Canadiens.
Lars Eller got on the board against his former teammates to start things, but the lead was ephemeral when Shea Weber hit a power play to finish the first frame. Nic Dowd restored the lead with a quick wrist on the left shoulder of Carey Price.
Champions of the Metropolitan Division for the fourth time in a row.
Caps beat the Canadians 2-1!
- The metrics of the first period are very, very ugly for the boys in red. Habs won the battle of five against five 25 to 11 battle shots, scoring a battle of 15 to 5, and the high-hazard battle of 9 to 1. Of course it looked like a desperate team.
- Mountain Dew Baja Blast is still not very good and nothing you say will change my opinion. There are nine other flavors in the same soda that are better.
- The third line of hats Carl Hagelin, Lars EllerY Brett Connolly It is the best
- If you did not see the Andre Burakovsky Paisano's commercial at least 64 times, did you really see a hockey game of the Capitals?
– Ovie the Bulldog (@OvietheBulldog) April 4, 2019
- Better second period for the Caps and they dominated the last ten minutes. The third line marked the way and a goal from Nic Dowd He gave the Caps a lead in the third.
- The power game sucks and they have done nothing to change that in similar months. What exactly do the coaches expect? A plan from the heavens?
- Andre Burakovsky he was the main man in the Dowd goal, he hastened to disturb a breakout of the Canadiens and then placed Dowd in the slot. Unfortunately, Andre was hit a couple of times in the period and eventually went through the tunnel into the dressing room. He came back for the third, luckily!
- Carey Price It emerged absolutely huge with a few saves to prevent this game from having 4-1 capitals in the second and, by extension, keeps its team in the postseason hunt.
I have been a loser from the beginning … it has made me who I am.
The odds may not be in my favor at the Barclay & # 39; s Center … but I would not do otherwise.
This is my story on the road to TakeOver. The biggest game of my life. Https://t.co/LfLFox3We6
– Johnny Gargano (@JohnnyGargano) April 4, 2019
- The third period was a bit turtley and a lot of dump and chasey. There is your grade A badysis
- Today I cheated Chipotle and I had Ian's favorite Qdoba for the second time in history. Honestly it was ten to ten, I would eat again.
- Does anyone else have a little nerves in the playoffs tonight? It comes for all of us again.
- The caps went into the signature playoff disruptive defense in the third with which we familiarized ourselves last spring / summer. It looked fantastic in my eyes.
– Ian Oland (@ianoland) April 4, 2019
The last game of the regular season will be Saturday against the New York Islanders at Capital One Arena.
Full coverage of RMNB of Caps vs Canadiens
Photo of the headline: Patrick Smith