As part of the “first look” at the CES 2021 run-up, Samsung introduced new TVs under the name “Neo QLED”. The new QLED TVs use mini-LED backlighting to enable full array local dimming with subdivisions into smaller, smaller areas.
Samsung Electronics today unveiled the 2021 portfolio of Neo QLED, MICRO LED and Lifestyle TV displays during its first virtual first look event before CES 2021. Miniled can be found in Samsung’s new QLED TV, called the Samsung Neo QLED. There are two top models offering 4K and 8K resolutions. Information about the format, prices and release dates is not yet known.
Minced, very small LED lights are placed behind the pixels on the screen to illuminate the image. According to Samsung, these are lights that are 40 times smaller than traditional LEDs. In addition to greater contrast and higher brightness, one advantage of mining is that there is virtually no chance of burn-in, which can happen over time with OLED TVs.
Samsung also showed some new features of Neo QLED TV. The most important is the “Super Ultra Game View” which allows the PC game picture to be widened to a ratio of 32 to 9. A black bar will appear below and above the game screen.
In the next few years, Samsung’s journey will begin “going green” In aligning TV business operations through the following long term sustainability programs:
- Reducing carbon footprint And Energy efficiency improvement: Samsung will try to systematically reduce its overall carbon footprint in TV manufacturing. The company will try to reduce user power consumption and use more recycled materials throughout its entire TV line.
- Continuous Packaging Design: Building on valuable consumer feedback, Samsung is expanding its award-winning ‘Eco-packaging’ Design for all 2021 Lifestyle TVs and the 2021 Neo QLED line. This permanent solution can uproot up to 200,000 tons of corrugated boxes each year.1 By reducing text and graphic imagery on eco-packaging, color printing eliminates the oil-based ink traditionally used on TV boxes, helping to further reduce waste.
- Solar cell remote control: In 2021, the Samsung TV will come with a solar-powered remote control that can be recharged for the brand by an indoor light, outdoor light, or USB — an innovation of its kind. This will help prevent waste from an estimated 99 million AAA batteries over seven years.2 To manufacture the remote, Samsung renewed the manufacturing process, which elevates plastic above recyclable bottles – 24% recycled content.3
Samsung’s 2021 accessibility features – now available on all 2021 QLED and Neo QLED models – bring the latest advancements in technology and Artificial Intelligence (AI) so that more people can enjoy their TV experience comfortably. The 2021 line adds new features such as Caption moving, Sign Language Zoom And Multi-output audioThose with difficulty hearing are deaf, low-vision people, and blind to their ability to adapt their viewing to their needs and preferences. By 2022, Samsung is committed to its expansion Voice guide Feature – which provides audio guidance for deaf people and people with low vision. And Samsung will continue to develop new AI-based features to expand the reach of Samsung TVs in the coming years.
Neo QLED takes a quantum leap in TV display technology
Samsung is introducing a whole new display technology, Newly QLED, For this Flagship 8K (QN900A) and 4K (QN90A) models. Samsung is taking QLED to the next level, enabled by new light source Quantum mini led Properly controlled Quantum matrix technology And Neo Quantum Processor, A powerful picture processor optimized for Neo QLED.
Samsung designed Quantum mini led A conventional LED will have a height of 1/40. Instead of using a lens to disperse the light, and with a package to fix the LED, the Quantum Mini LED has incredibly thin microscopic layers that are filled with many more LEDs. Quantum matrix technology Enables ultra-fine and precise control of densely packed LEDs, preventing blooms and allowing viewers to enjoy the content as it is meant to be. Neo QLED extends the luminance scale to 12-bit with 4096 steps; This helps make darker areas darker and brighter areas brighter, resulting in a more accurate and immersive HDR experience. And newly owned by QLED Samsung, benefit from powerful Neo Quantum Processor With enhanced capabilities. Using 16 different neural network models, each trained in AI upscaling and deep learning techniques, the Neo Quantum processor can optimize picture quality for 4K and 8K picture output regardless of input quality.
Samsung’s 2021 Neo QLED 8K has a new feature Infinity one design– An almost bezel-less screen, providing a more immersive viewing experience in a stunning design and form factor. And attachment of Neo QLED 8K Slim one Connect box-An all-new cable management system that can be attached to the back of the TV – allowing for an easy install and cleaner aesthetic. The 2021 Neo QLED 8K also packs in many premium, room-filling audio features; Object Tracking Sound (OTS) ProDynamic sound corresponds to the motion of objects on the screen, and Spacefit sound Analyzes the physical environment of the installed TV and produces a steady sound specifically tailored to your location.
Samsung’s 2021 Neo QLED 8K and 4K models offer smart features that expand the TV’s role and help consumers meet their changing needs when it comes to fitness, entertainment and the home office.
- Samsung health Basically turns the house into a personal gym and new Smart trainer Analyzes tracks and postures in real time, like a personal trainer. During and after workouts, Smart Trainer provides feedback on the form, helps you count your reps, and estimates calorie burn. With video and interactive training via Bixby-enabled voice control, the Samsung Health Smart Trainer elevates and personalizes the home workout experience.
- With two new exclusive features, Samsung is providing the ultimate TV gaming experience. best ultrawide Gameview Gives gamers the option to play not only in the wide 21: 9 aspect ratio, but also on the ultra 32: 9 ratio. Wide field of view ensures gamers do not miss a moment of action. And Sports bar Allows players to quickly monitor and adjust important aspects of the game – whether switching aspect ratios, checking input lag, or connecting headsets. Finally, FreeSync Premium Pro reduces stutter so that players enjoy smooth picture quality throughout the gameplay.
- Together Google duo, Consumers can use their phones to initiate high-quality, high-speed video calls, which can include up to 32 people – no matter which operating system they are using. With the Google Duo app, you can make video calls directly through an optional USB-Connect and the camera can follow your movements with a smart camera solution. It will automatically zoom in and out so that you are always the right size, always in focus.
- PC on TV Samsung allows consumers on devices to connect a PC to a TV, enabling them to work and learn from home through a TV screen with a connected mouse, keyboard, and PC. Consumers can use MS Office 365 directly through TV’s web browser to create and edit documents. Simply install an easy connection app on your computer and log into your Samsung account — and your TV will automatically connect to your PC, making it easier to work from the living room.
Open a new era of breathtaking picture quality and design with Micro LED
In 2021, the promise of micro LED comes home. With new Micro led Line, Samsung has for the first time made Micro LED available in a traditional TV form factor, bringing consumers a breathtaking visual experience on ultra-large next generation screens.
available in 110 ”, 99 ”, And smaller sizes by the end of the year, the new Micro LED line uses micrometer-sized LED lights to eliminate backlight and color filters used in traditional displays. It is self-illuminating, producing stunningly lifelike colors and glowing through its 24 million individually controlled LEDs. And with a Monolith design Defined by a screen-to-body ratio of over 99%, all you’ll see is the breathtaking picture quality.
Samsung has innovated its smart TV features to take advantage of the new micro LED line’s huge screen. For example, consumers can use 4Vue(Quad View) Easy viewing of four different content sources simultaneously on one screen. Viewers can connect multiple external devices to maintain multiple playoff games simultaneously, or stream a walkthrough while playing video games – all in stunning quality and size.
Finally, the dynamic audio experience of the new Micro LED is as immersive as its visuals. Together Royal sound, It offers breathtaking 5.1 channel sound with no external speakers turning any room into a luxurious home theater.
Enhancing the award-winning lifestyle TV portfolio
Samsung is also increasing its 2021 Lifestyle TV In line with the new design and form factors to reflect the changing interests and tastes of consumers. Since its launch in 2017, That frame Has redefined television, showcasing stunning works of art, with over one million units sold.
The 2021 edition builds on the frame’s innovative heritage, providing a more customizable experience in a slimmer form. That frame Is about half4 Compared to previous iterations, a traditional picture shows the depth of the frame. New attachable bezel options come Five color options And Two different customization styles-Modern and Beveld- Frame to match the beauty of whatever room it is in.
With a subscription to Frame’s all-new Art Store, consumers will be able to enjoy 1,400+ meticulous laminations. Samsung’s new AI-based auto-curation technology analyzes individual consumer preferences to recommend better artwork.
With almost endless options for customization, including Samsung’s lifestyle TV portfolio That frame, Serif, The sero, This roof And The premiere Immediately upgrade any home decor.