The idea of a "Silent Mode" in Uber, which actually started as a meme a few years ago, has now become a reality. According to the company, Uber passengers now have the ability to request a quiet trip, which means they will not have to answer probing questions from overly friendly or inquisitive drivers.
It's a good feature, but the downside is that it is not extending to all of Uber's travel options. On the contrary, the "Silent Mode" will only be an option for SUV Uber Black and Uber Black trips, which can often be two to three times more expensive than a normal UberX trip. In other words, if you intend to have a quiet and peaceful trip, you will have to pay for the privilege.
Uber is positioning the option as part of a series of "high quality services" designed for people who can afford the company's shared transport options. In addition to the "Silent Mode", some other features that Uber Black and Uber Black SUV drivers will enjoy include the following:
- Help with luggage: inform your driver that you need an extra pair of hands for your luggage.
- Temperature control: communicate your optimum temperature before entering a vehicle.
- Extended collection period: passengers will have a little extra time to get to the car when unexpected delays appear.
- Premium Support: access premium telephone support with live agents if you need something to correct it.
- Professionalism: drive confidently knowing that your professional driver with commercial license is at the top of your game.
- Constant quality of the vehicle: wait for the same types of trips, every time, with models, brands, interiors and exteriors consisting of vehicles.
The improved features, which Uber calls "Improved Uber Black Experience," are available to all Uber Black and Uber Black SUV users starting today.