Quebec shut down due to fears of breakdown of its hospitals – tech2.org

Quebec shut down due to fears of breakdown of its hospitals


“We are in a race against time,” Premier Francois Legault said, with Quebec losing the race so far.

The curfew will be in force from 8 pm on Saturday. Restaurants, gyms, theaters and most retail stores will remain closed for at least four weeks. LeGuelt calls it “shock therapy” that he hopes will not need to be pursued.

Primary schools will reopen as planned next week, but more students will be required to wear masks. The high schools will reopen on 18 January.

All Quebeckers are urged to stay home and travel if it is absolutely necessary. Those who fail to comply may face fines in the thousands of dollars.

“We are talking about saving lives here and we are talking about saving our health care system,” Legault said.

Police arrested 2 people and 6 people in violation of Quebec's 19 lockdown orders at the house of 7 people

For several weeks, many health care professionals were lobbying for the Quebec government, as hospital arrangements were crumbling.

“None of us want another hard lockdown, but we are really in a very precarious position at the moment,” Dr. McGill University Health Center research director and infectious disease specialist Dr., in an interview with CNN. Marina Klein said.

For months, Quebec has seen a steady rise in new cases, hospitals, and coronovirus deaths.

Data from Quebec’s Ministry of Health shows that approximately 1,400 people are currently hospitalized with Kovid-19, the second-largest in the province of Ontario, with 76 new hospitals reported on Tuesday alone.

Quebec’s health advisory group warned in December that Quebec could end the hospital’s capacity by the end of January if the hospital continues to grow.

Klein says partial sanctions have been ineffective against the spread of the virus since falling in Quebec.

Travel to Canada during Kovid-19: What You Need to Know Before You Go

“It’s like a slow torture, unlike the alternative solution we’re doing, doing something that’s too hard, too hard for a short time, which is likely to be a lot more effective,” Klein says. She said health care workers are tired and morale low, as many have been exposed to the virus or are already infected.

According to public health officials, Canada is coping with another wave of the virus, which is now becoming more severe.

Dr. Theresa warns, “Kovid-19 is spreading to people of all ages with high infection rates across all age groups. However, at the national level the rate of infection is highest among people age 80 and older, which is severe. Are most at risk for consequences. ” Canada’s Chief Public Health Officer Tam in a statement released on Wednesday.

“The still negative number of weeks and months of elevated disease activity is still being seen in a growing number of critical illnesses and deaths …”

The government of Ontario is avoiding hospitalization despite enforcing its own province-wide lockdown on December 26. The Ontario government says it is watching Quebec carefully and considering tough measures.

Ontario Province of Canada Closes the Next Day of Christmas

“I always say everything is on the table, but let’s see where the numbers go,” said Doug Ford, head of Ontario, during a press talk on Tuesday.

Legault states that businesses and schools are not the major sources of proliferation. Instead, private, social gatherings within homes have created a crisis. He stated that a circuit breaker type lockdown was now required.

“My concern at the moment is that we are facing the possible introduction of a more communicated strain, this is what is being seen in the UK right now and if the epidemic is already catching out of control that our Nearby, we are talking about a situation that we have never seen, ”Dr. Klein said.

.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.