Prince Harry and Meghan make their first appearance since confirming the end of senior royal life


Watch: Meghan Markle and Prince Harry make their first appearance since announcing their pregnancy

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle have set some of their ambitions for next year after confirming that they would not be returning to work as senior members of the Royal Family.

The couple made their first appearance since announcing Meghan’s pregnancy in a short clip shared as part of the Spotify Stream On event.

They signed an agreement last year with the streaming giant to make podcasts through their production company Archewell Audio, although only one episode has been released so far.

Explaining her goal for podcasts, Meghan said, “We are using podcasting to fuel powerful conversations.”

Harry continued: “That inspires, challenges and educates.”

Former actress Meghan, 39, added: “We created Archewell Audio to make sure we can raise voices that may not be heard and hear people’s stories.”

Harry, 36, later said, “And most of this is trying to create this community where you can share. We encourage everyone else to share their own vulnerabilities within that safe space. “

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex launched their first podcast between Christmas and New Years, speaking with friends, including James Corden and Sir Elton John, about how the coronavirus pandemic had affected them.

They are also producing shows for Netflix.

Video: Buckingham Palace confirms Harry and Meghan will not return as active royals

Read more: Where To Buy The Baby Photo Princess Eugenie Yellow Velvet Headband

The couple confirmed last week that they would not return to their former lives as working royalty, making the final announcement more than a month in advance when they reached a deal with the Queen.

Having declared that they wanted to take a step back last year, the Queen gave the couple a 12-month review period, which was due to end on March 31.

But ahead of schedule, Buckingham Palace confirmed that the couple would not return as royalty.

The Queen said they would always be “very dear members of the family.”

A YouGov poll conducted after the palace’s statement showed that nearly half of Britons thought Prince Harry should be removed from the line of succession.

Harry is sixth in line to the throne and his son Archie is seventh. The lack of a royal title does not change his position.

Harry, Meghan and Archie in South Africa in 2019 with Archbishop Desmond Tutu. Archie is seventh in line to the throne despite not having a royal title. (Reuters / Toby Melville / Pool)

In recent history, the only person removed from the line of succession was Prince Michael of Kent when he married Marie-Christine von Reibnitz, now Princess Michael of Kent, because she is a Catholic.

His position in line was reinstated when the law changed in 2013, ending the practice of expelling those who marry Catholics.

Harry and Meghan now live in Santa Barbara, California, with their one-year-old son Archie, who will become an older brother later this year.

Meghan is expecting her second child, but the due date is unknown.

Source link