Police shooting in the Bronx: at least 2 US Marshals shot

Authorities said two sub-American marshals were shot in the Bronx on Friday morning, as they tried to arrest a 35-year-old man in Massachusetts for attempting to shoot a state trooper.

Officials said that Andre. Stirling, was killed when he was on fire with a fire that was expected to survive.

According to a statement by the United States Marshals Service, one of the marshals suffered injuries to the leg and the other arm. A detective from the New York Police Department was also injured when he fell while carrying an injured in a police car.

The operation, led by U.S. Marshals and the Regional Fugitive Task Force, began at 5 a.m. in the Bronx’s Wakefield neighborhood, law enforcement officials said. The US Marshal knocked on the door at 4085 Alley Avenue, and was greeted by a man at the door.

The officer said that Duties was invited to the house by a man believed to be Mr. Sterling’s friend, when Mr. Sterling appeared, he drew a gun and opened fire. Both deputies drew their weapons and fired back.

Mr. Sterling was shot and killed; The officer said the person who answered the door had a head injury at the fracas, but was expected to escape.

Marshals were looking for Mr. Sterling as an arrest warrant was issued in Massachusetts with the intent to shoot and kill a soldier on Cape Cape last month.

The Massachusetts State Police said in a statement that officers had tracked down Mr. Sterling to the Bronx and determined he could live in a home on Ely Avenue. Four state troops from Massachusetts were present in the operation.

Credit …Massachusetts State Police

According to a wanted poster of the Massachusetts State Police, the shooting of the State Stopper occurred at about 11:30 pm on November 20, when Mr. Sterling drove in a stolen car through the Hyannis Village in Cape Cod.

During a traffic stop, Mr. Sterling shoots the Trooper and runs away. State police said soldier John Lennon was hit in the arm and torso but survived.

Mr. Sterling, a Jamaican native, was also wanted on two other warrants in Massachusetts, one for identity theft, as well as a narcotics charge in Wyoming.

Residents of the working-class neighborhood where the firing took place woke up to the sound of helicopters above streets filled with single-family homes.

77-year-old Jimmy Wright said he had come to know immediately when a loud siren shocked him at 4:30 p.m.

“I knew they were looking for someone,” Mr. Wright said. “Helicopters were flying up and down the road. I knew something was not right. “

Later in the morning, red and blue police lights were still flashing in front of the house, where Mr. Sterling was killed. Police officers dodged the road and sealed several blocks.

Noel Murray, 67, said he was awake when he heard the sound of four gunshots. He said the sound of sirens filled the neighborhood after several police officers and ambulances arrived.

“It’s usually a quiet neighborhood,” he said. “You don’t see it everyday.”

Another local resident, Sandra Thomas, who lives on Edenwald Avenue, slashed her head. “Everyone is in shock,” he said.

Leave a Reply