Pence agrees to hinder Plexiglass in debate with Team Harris


According to two people familiar with the case, Vice President Mike Pence’s team has agreed to allow a plexiglass divider for his side of the stage during the Vice President’s debate with Kamala Harris on Wednesday night.

The team asked why a shield was needed at a distance of 12 feet, according to people, who added late Tuesday that they had not yet received a response. However, he said that they would follow the rules for the debate so that the debate could proceed.

The concession came after Mark Short, Pence’s chief of staff, told the Washington Post on Tuesday that his team had not seen the plexiglass dividers medically necessary, noting that the two debaters would be separated by more than 12 feet.

Short, who has led Pence’s debate preparations, told The Post that if Harris “wants to, he is more than welcome to surround himself with plexiglass if he makes it Feel More comfortable.”

Pence spokesman Katie Miller confirmed Short’s comments on the post.

Vice President prepares for debate

Workers clean the plexiglass dividers on the debate stage on 6 October.

Photographer: Kim Raff / Bloomberg

Harris spokeswoman Sabrina Singh said the Democratic vice-presidential nominee would honor the measures suggested by the Cleveland Clinic, advising the president on the Commission’s debate on precautions against infection by coronaires.

Singh said, “If the Trump administration’s war is now a war on masks, then you need to know about the failure of your Kovid response.”

Previously: Pence, Harris Debate Unfolds with Amped-Up Steak, plexiglass

The debate is scheduled to take place in Salt Lake City at the University of Utah on Wednesday at 9 pm New York time.

The stage will be held two days after President Donald Trump left Walter Reed National Military Medical Center, where he was treated for Kovid-19, a highly contagious virus that killed more than 210,000 Americans and about 7.5 Infected millions. Trump tested positive for the disease just days after the September 29 debate in Cleveland with Democratic candidate Joe Biden.

Others in the president’s class have tested positive, including first lady Melania Trump, aide hope Hicks, his campaign manager Bill Stephan and White House press secretary Kayle McNee. Stephen Miller, a senior Trump adviser, announced on Tuesday night that he also tested positive. He is married to Katie Miller, who contracted the virus in May but recovered again.

According to a person familiar with the case, Katie Miller has tested negative in the past two days but left Salt Lake City as a precaution. The person stated that Pence did not have close contact with Stephen Miller.

Pence tested negative on Tuesday, his physician said in a statement.

On Tuesday, the Office of the Vice President issued a memorandum to the Director of Disease Control and Prevention Robert Redfield. After consulting with Pence’s physician about his physical contacts and “serial negative test results”, the memo said, it is safe for the Vice President to participate in the “upcoming” debate.

Harris’s campaign said on Tuesday that it tested negative for coronavirus on Monday.

On the presidential suit, the commission said on Monday that plexiglass would be used in the debate. The commission also said that any person in the hall who does not wear a mask will be thrown out. At the presidential debate last week, Trump’s family members refused to wear masks in the debate hall.

    .

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.