FOXBORO, Mbad. – Running back Mike Gillislee could not get back on the New England Patriots offense this week.
Gillislee is listed as a healthy scratch on Sunday for the third consecutive week as the Patriots prepare to face the Miami Dolphins at Gillette Stadium. Gillislee did not face the Denver Broncos in Week 10 or against the Oakland Raiders in Week 11. The Patriots won both games by 25 points apiece.
Here is the complete list of inactive Patriots:
RB Mike Gillislee
WR Chris Hogan (shoulder)
WR Matthew Slater (hamstring)
TE Martellus Bennett (hamstring / shoulder)
RT Marcus Cannon (ankle)
C David Andrews (disease)
CB Eric Rowe (groin)
Here are some notes on the repercussions of the inactive:
– Rex Burkhead, Dion Lewis and James White will face the New England representatives as runners with Gillislee. Hope Lewis is the best carrier of the Patriots' ball.
– LaAdrian Waddle and Ted Karras will start with Cannon and Andrews, respectively. Both Waddle and Karras have filled well this season.
– Phillip Dorsett will take most of Hogan's plays as wide receiver, but Danny Amendola could see an increase in goals.
– The Patriots will have Dwayne Allen and Jacob Hollister to back Rob Gronkowski in tight end with Bennett out. Bennett has only had a limited role since his return to New England.
– Jonathan Jones and Johnson Bademosi will continue to support Malcolm Butler and Stephon Gilmore with Rowe. Expect Jones to be the No. 3 cornerback for the Patriots this week.
– Jones and Bademosi should also have important roles in special teams like the team's gunners with Slater out.
– Defensive tackle Malcom Brown is active for the first time since Week 6. He missed the Patriots' wins over the Los Angeles Chargers, Broncos and Raiders, and the team's career defense suffered without him.
– New pbad rusher Eric Lee, who was fired from the Buffalo Bills practice squad, will make his Patriots debut on Sunday.
Thumbnail photo via Reinhold Matay / USA TODAY Sports Images