- The Packers go on the street for the primary time in virtually a month (Oct. 15 at Minnesota) to tackle the Chicago Bears.
- Green Bay has gained at Chicago within the common season every of the final six years. The Packers’ six consecutive victories is the group’s second-longest profitable streak at Soldier Field, trailing a streak of 10 wins that Green Bay recorded from 1994-2004 (doesn’t embrace the 2002 victory in Champaign, Ill.)
- The Packers have scored 30-plus factors at Chicago in every of the final 4 matchups (33, 38, 31, 30).
- Including a 2010 playoff victory at Chicago, Green Bay has gained 20 of the final 24 conferences between the rivals at Soldier Field.
- It is the Packers’ first November sport in Chicago since 2001. Green Bay has gained their final two video games at Chicago in November (1992).
- Sunday will mark sport No. 196 within the NFL’s oldest rivalry. The Packers maintain a 95-94-6 edge within the collection, which incorporates two playoff video games (1-1).
- Under Head Coach Mike McCarthy, the Packers are 17-7 in opposition to the Bears throughout the common and postseason, together with wins in 13 of the final 15 video games.
- In all however one of many 17 wins beneath McCarthy, Green Bay has scored at the least 20 factors.
- In the primary 15 seasons of the NFC North (2002-16), the Packers (9) and Bears (three) accounted for 12 division titles.
- Dating again to final season, Green Bay has gained three consecutive video games over the Bears, outscoring them 91-51 in these contests. The Packers gained the primary badembly this season, 35-14, at Lambeau Field.
- Green Bay has recorded two-plus interceptions in every of the final three video games in opposition to Chicago, totaling seven over that span.
- This is the fourth consecutive season that the sport between the 2 rivals in Chicago shall be performed at midday CT.
- In 15 regular-season video games in opposition to the Bears, LB
Clay Matthewshas regisgtered 9.5 sacks, the second most he has recorded in opposition to any group (10.Zero in 15 video games vs. Minnesota). Matthews’ three interceptions versus Chicago are two greater than he has in opposition to one other group throughout the common season.
Jordy Nelsonhas registered 65 receptions for 1,040 yards (16.Zero avg.) and eight touchdowns in 16 regular-season video games in opposition to the Bears. It is probably the most receiving yardage he has in opposition to a single group and the second-most TD receptions (10 in 16 video games in opposition to Minnesota).
- The Packers are Four-Four, marking the 11th consecutive season that they’ve a .500 file or higher after eight video games.
- In Week 11, Green Bay will return to Lambeau Field to host the Baltimore Ravens for the primary time since 2009. The Packers are Four-1 in opposition to the Ravens, together with Three-Zero at house.
This is an abbreviated model of the Dope Sheet. Read the total model right here (PDF)
WITH THE CALL
- FOX Sports, now in its 24th season as an NFL community tv accomplice, will broadcast the sport.
- Play-by-play man Thom Brennaman joins badyst Chris Spielman and sideline reporter Peter Schrager.
- Milwaukee’s WTMJ (620 AM), airing Green Bay video games since November 1929, heads up the Packers Radio Network that’s made up of 50 stations in 5 states. Wayne Larrivee (play-by-play) and two-time Packers Pro Bowler Larry McCarren (badyst) name the motion. McCarren first joined the group’s broadcasts in 1995 and enters his 23rd season calling Packers video games. After initially being paired collectively in 1999, McCarren and Larrivee enter their 19th season of broadcasts collectively.
- ESPN Radio will air the sport throughout the nation. Jason Benetti (play-by-play) and Bill Polian (badyst) will name the motion.
- The broadcast can be out there on Sirius Satellite Radio (WTMJ feed).
- DIRECTV subscribers can watch the sport on Channel 710.
BREAKING DOWN THE ROSTER
- The Packers at the moment have an 53-man roster that’s composed of 25 offensive gamers, 25 defensive gamers and three specialists.
- Of the 53 gamers on Green Bay’s roster, 33 of them (62.Three %) have been draft picks of the Packers. Dating again to 2007, Green Bay has at the least one member of every draft clbad nonetheless on the roster.
- Green Bay has 14 gamers on the roster that started their careers as undrafted free brokers, with 11 of these initially signed by Green Bay.
- Over a 3rd (35.Eight %) of the gamers (19 of 53) on Green Bay’s roster entered the league as a sixth-round or seventh-round decide or as an undrafted participant.
- The Packers have 4 gamers on the roster that performed within the NFL previous to the 2009 season. Three of these 4 gamers have been draft picks of the Packers (Ok
Mason Crosby, WR Jordy Nelson and LB Clay Matthews) and two have made at the least one Pro Bowl.
- Of the 53 gamers on the roster, 44 started their professional careers with the Packers (83.Zero %).
- Only 19 of the 53 gamers on the roster (35.Eight %) have been chosen within the first three rounds of the draft, with 16 being drafted by the Packers.
GREEN BAY’S ROSTER …
BY AGE (as of Nov. 12)
- 21-24: 26 gamers
- 25-28: 20 gamers
- 29-32: Four gamers
- 33-plus: Three gamers
- R-1: 16 gamers
- 2-Three: 15 gamers
- Four-5: 9 gamers
- 6-9: Eight gamers
- 10-plus: 5 gamers
BY DRAFT ROUND
- 1st: 6 gamers
- 2nd/Threerd: 13 gamers
- 4th/5th: 15 gamers
- sixth/7th: 5 gamers
- Undrafted: 14 gamers
THE DOPE ON THIS WEEK’S OPPONENT:
- Packers vs. Bears
- All-time, Regular season: 94-93-6
- All-time, Postseason: 1-1
- All-time, in Chicago: 48-52-2
- Streaks: The Packers have gained 15 of 18 matchups since 2008 and 7 of the final eight since Week 17 of the 2013 season. Green Bay has six straight wins at Soldier Field.
- Last badembly, common season: Sept. 28, 2017; Packers gained, 35-14, Lambeau Field
- Mike McCarthy: 128-73-1, .636 (incl. 10-Eight postseason); 12th NFL season
- John Fox: 139-124-Zero, .529 (incl. Eight-7 postseason); 15th NFL season
- Head to Head: McCarthy 6-2
- vs. Opponent: McCarthy 17-7 vs. Bears; Fox Three-Eight vs. Packers
MIKE McCARTHY…Is in his 12th yr because the Packers’ 14th head coach.
- Led the Packers to their eighth consecutive playoff look final season, tied for the third-longest streak in NFL historical past. Has additionally led the group to 9 playoff appearances within the final 10 years (2007, 2009-16).
- Ranks second in franchise historical past in complete victories, trailing solely Curly Lambeau.
- Guided the Packers to top-10 finishes in scoring in eight straight seasons (2007-14), becoming a member of the Patriots as the one different group to perform the feat over that point; Packers completed first general in scoring in 2014.
- Reached the 100-win plateau sooner than any lively NFL head coach, needing simply 155 video games.
- Joined Vince Lombardi and Mike Holmgren as the one coaches to information the Packers to a Super Bowl title with a win over Pittsburgh in Super Bowl XLV.
JOHN FOX …Is in his third yr because the Bears’ 15th head coach.
- Ranks third amongst lively NFL head coaches with 139 profession wins.
- Led the Broncos to 4 division titles, becoming a member of Chuck Knox (L.A. Rams) as the one coaches in NFL historical past to steer their respective group to 4 division titles of their first 4 years with the franchise.
- Between Carolina and Denver, made seven journeys to the postseason, captured six division titles and made three convention championship appearances and two Super Bowl appearances.
- One of six coaches in NFL historical past to steer two totally different groups to Super Bowl appearances (Carolina in 2003 and Denver in 2013).
THE PACKERS-BEARS SERIES
- One of probably the most storied rivalries in skilled sports activities, no two groups have met on the gridiron greater than the Packers and Bears as Sunday marks the 196th matchup.
- Starting in 1923, the golf equipment met for 59 straight years till each video games in 1982 have been canceled as a part of a strike-shortened season.
- Have solely met within the postseason twice, with the final badembly coming following the 2010 season. With a berth in Super Bowl XLV on the road, the Packers emerged victorious, 21-14, at Soldier Field.
- After the Green Bay win on Thursday evening in Week Four earlier this season, the Packers lead the all-time collection for the primary time since 1932.
- After taking part in 14 consecutive video games at Solder Field in both September, December or January, Sunday’s matchup would be the Packers’ first journey to Chicago’s historic venue throughout the month of November since 2001.
Green Bay offensive coordinator Edgar Bennett performed operating again in Chicago from 1998-99…Chicago G Josh Sitton was initially drafted by Green Bay within the fourth spherical (135th general) of the 2008 NFL Draft and performed for the Packers from 2008-15…Packers TE
This is an abbreviated model of the Dope Sheet. Read the total model right here (PDF)