The wild card round of the playoffs has just been completed and is showing how strong the AFC is especially in the North Division. The Bengals’ two rivals moved on to the divisional round, as Cincinnati continues to recoup and rebuild for the 2021 season.
Part of this process is the recruitment of some assistant coaches under Zac Taylor. The Bengals engaged throughout the past week, including bringing back a well-liked former assistant in Frank Pollack.
John and Anthony discuss the moves and Burrow’s recent meeting with the media. The pair argue specifically the merits of the strategies in the upcoming draft and the No. 5 pick, as well as holding their first draft.
- What influence does Frank Pollak have as the coach of the offensive team, and perhaps more important as the team’s sports coordinator?
- Troy Walters was a natural fit to promote a wide receivers coach for several reasons.
- Andre Carter seems like a promising candidate for a vacancy in defensive line coach for the Bengals. He recently interviewed for the gig.
- Joe Burrow returned to Cincinnati for the first time after completing his surgery and met the media. John and Anthony visit several parts of the soundbite.
- In our first “State Your Case” segment, John offered reasons for the Bengals to get better free agency for Brandon Shroff this offseason, should he pursue one or the other.
- OBI’s first mock draft of 2021 was drafted on the case. We went with only three picks and you might wonder who was available when the Bengals were on watch in the Pro Football Network draft simulator.
Join us for every live recording by subscribing to our channel, or get the program on your favorite audio platform later. Thanks for listening!
If you are unable to let us join Cincy Jungle or YouTube for every episode here, then all the Orange and Black Insider content here is J.J. Stitcher, Spotify, I heard the radio And Google play music Apps, our Youtube channel, As well as through Longbow And, as always, On itunes! You can tweet us @BengalsOBI Or contact with us via email at [email protected] Thanks for listening and subscribe to our channel to inform us when we are leaving and when new episodes are available!