After the announcement of iPhone X, I was more than satisfied with the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 and did not even consider an iPhone X. However, thanks to the new T-Mobile Jump On Demand switch every 30 days program, giving the Apple iPhone X a trial version was a quick and easy process.
Last month, I spent the 10-day period and my excitement about the device remained high. Now, 30 days later, I still enjoy the daily experience with the phone and I will not visit T-Mobile to switch to another phone.
There have been several reports of problems with the iPhone X, but the only thing I have seen some occasional retention of the image due to the use of OLED screen technology. This image appears as a weak ghost and disappears in one or two seconds, but has no impact on the performance of the phone and is the result of this display technology.
When I look back on the last month of use and into the future, here are several reasons why I continue to use Apple's iPhone X:
- Form factor : As I mentioned in my article of 10 days, even with bezels bigger than many Android phones, the iPhone X seems to melt in my hand with a size smaller than almost any other phone I've tried in 2017. It feels like $ 1,000 should have the phone and it gives me life of the iPhone Plus battery and a great viewing experience in a small iPhone format. I can not express how impressive the form factor is, especially when it is preserved with a Caudabe Veil XT case.
- Screen : Independent laboratory tests have given Samsung OLED the crown of the smartphone for a couple of years and now Apple uses a Samsung screen, further improved with the development of Apple. Apple iPhone screens have always impressed me, even with a much lower resolution than competing Android phones, but now we have a higher resolution OLED panel and could not be happier.
- Face ID : It seems that my iPhone X is not very secure because Face ID unlocks it without problems 99 percent of the time. The only option that I would like to see is that the iPhone X jump directly to the home screen after recognizing me, so it was not necessary to slide up. This is how facial unlocking works on the OnePlus 5T and I think it would reduce many of the complaints about unlocking the new iPhone. The animojis are fools, but they are also fun and a good demonstration of the potential of Face ID.
- Camera performance : Android phones reached and even exceeded the performance of the iPhone camera in 2017, but the iPhone X still offers a fantastic experience for those who only aim and shoot most of the time . The dual rear cameras allow you to zoom in or capture interesting portraits while the front camera includes some advanced software enhancements as well. I think that capturing large shots has more to do with the person shooting than with the camera, especially when we look at smartphones 2017. Apple makes it easy to capture good shots consistently, which is also something that Google highlights in the Pixel 2.
- New gesture-based user interface : There has been a lot of anguish about Apple having removed the start button and changed the way iOS works on the iPhone X. Like a kid who has been using it handheld devices for more than 20 years and was never an iPhone user, the updated user interface I really liked. I do not miss the start button, the relocation of the Control Center or any of the other sweeping changes in traditional iPhone models. It's Apple's tenth anniversary revolutionizing the world of smartphones and I'm excited to see that WebOS and MeeGo type gestures finally reach the mainstream of Apple.
- Ecosystem : Apple AirPods works perfectly with the iPhone X. The Apple Watch Series 3 is clearly the best smart watch for iPhone users and both work very well together. When you have family and friends who use iPhones, iMessage and Find My Friends are excellent experiences that are unparalleled in Android.
Apple's iPhone X, like any other smartphone, is not absolutely perfect, but it's close. Despite how fantastic Apple AirPods are, I still miss having a 3.5mm headphone jack to use my Bose QC20 headphones on an airplane, when I forget to pack my Lightning on a 3.5mm adapter.
In addition to the 3.5mm headphone jack, I find nothing lost for my use of the iPhone X and that is what we should expect for a phone that is priced at $ 1,000.
PREVIOUS AND RELATED COVERAGE
Review of Apple's iPhone X: This is as good as it gets
Jason Cipriani's complete review of the iPhone X with a spectacular rating of 9.5 / 10.
10 days with the iPhone X: my joy of smart phones restored
Another opinion on the iPhone X that brought the joy of 2007 to 2017.
Thanks T-Mobile, fast and easy jump of Galaxy Note 8 to Apple iPhone X
] You do not have to pay $ 1,000 in advance to get an Apple iPhone X and many buyers find that monthly payments are better strategy.
iPhone X screen is the best: made by Samsung, enhanced by Apple
Apple's first OLED on a smartphone stands out as the best, partly thanks to Samsung.