Cleveland, Ohio – After Brown’s 38-7 loss to Pittsburgh, some drama has hit Brown. It is a great thing? Explains about this.
1. Odell Beckham Jr., about to take off his gloves and helmet, shoes, etc., near the end of the Browns being flown to Pittsburgh as a disappointment when they were taken out of the game. Coach Kevin Stefanski considered it a minor issue after the game and passed it.
2. I am not paying attention to Beckham’s antics. This is what you get with him. At this point in his career, he is not going to change. But Beckham is absolutely wrong about being angry about going to the bench with other starters with eight minutes left. This was the right decision for Stephenski, who needs his players to be healthy next week in Cincinnati.
3. I might have pulled Baker Mayfield in a week (Brown lost, 24-7). It was clear that the QB was not only a bad game, but he was not close to being 100 percent physically. Already playing with bruised ribs and a sore throat, Mayfield made some unnecessary (and painful) hits in the third quarter of that game before giving way to backup QB Keenum.
4. Beckham stated that he took off his shoes because he had problems dating back to the Dallas game. Okay, he has a toe. Does it make sense for him to play the final eight minutes when the Browns were 38-7 behind? Beckham must ask himself this question.
5. Beckham missed 16 of 32 games between 2017-18. He played every game last year, but rarely participated in full-team practices during the season because he had a hernia that eventually required surgery. What Beckham would have said was that he was injured in the final minutes of that defeat in Pittsburgh. just wondering…
6. Stefanski is already without star Nick Knieb (knee injury) and rising star right guard Wyatt Taylor (Callie injury). Kareem Hunt was playing with throat ribs. Many players have been hurt on defense. He did not need any more injuries.
7. I also wonder if Beckham was upset because he was targeted only four times. He took two wickets in 25 yards. The talented receiver believes that his team would have had a better chance if they had gotten the ball more often. There is some truth to this.
8. Brown threw around for Beckham in the end, but never found a way to hand him the ball as it has in the past. He should have been a big part of the plan. How about a short pass? a screen? something. Four chances are not enough to make a play, period.
9. Beckham’s comment about not receiving COVID-19: “I don’t think it’s going to enter this body. I don’t want any part of it. It does not want any part of me. From his lips to God’s ears … that it applies not only to him, but to all of us.
10. Stefanski admitted that he did not adjust his game plan well. He also described how he allowed Pittsburgh’s defense to participate in an easy-time race because “I have to do a better job of isolating the snap count.” He wants the offense to grow rapidly to start the play.
11. Mayfield said: “After that loss (in Pittsburgh), 4-2 and have never felt like 0-6 before. This is because we have high expectations from ourselves. “
12. Mayfield insisted on the team “eager to go back to work … and fix problems.” However, his mood was down during Wednesday’s zoom press conference. It is a good guess that his video session of the Steelers game was painful to watch.
13. I like Stephansky’s answer about Mayfield in which 4-2 says 0-6: “We are ready to go and ready to work and in an attempt to go 1-0 (in Cincinnati) Are … I think it was Bill Parcel said, ‘You are what your record says you are.’
14. Stefanski is not worried about his team’s over-confidence. Instead, he does not want them to lose the confidence built during the four-game winning streak. The losses in Baltimore and Pittsburgh have been terrible, but I never thought they would be 4-2 at this point in the season.
15. Stefanski’s big point is that “these games keep coming at you.” Or Bill Grewich once said, “On Cincinnati,” about almost every question after a major loss to Kansas City in 2014. For Brown, the Cincinnati game is as important now as the game vs. Pittsburgh and Baltimore. For those future division games, the Brons need Sunday to defeat the Bengals.
Recent Terry PLUTO
Hey Terry, what about the lease of the Tribe, Carrasco and Ramirez’s business?
Browns Postgame Scribble: Bad Day for Backer & Coaching Staff
After losing to the Steelers, are they the same Old Browns?
Remembering the people of Akron who helped Lebron James
Rib throat, old thunder, Tim Couch: Let’s talk about Brown, Steelers
What can we learn about Kevin Stefanski by listening to Kevin Stefanski?
Brown postgame scrip after win over Colts
Imagine Brown winning four in a row! They look like a real team
For the Cleveland Indians, a dry season and then a big off-season challenge
Can we discuss rationing about Baker Mayfield? Terry’s Talkin ‘Brown
A new coach and some Glenville players lead the football revival at Shaw
Chris Antonetti gives a bleak financial picture for the tribe
New Brown Face Masks for Sale: Here you can buy a Cleveland Brown-themed face cover for adults and youth, including a single mask ($ 14.99) and a 3-pack ($ 24.99). All NFL proceeds donated to the CDC Foundation.