Share This Story!
Let buddies in your social community know what you’re studying about
Nolan Arenado, Alex Gordon, Jason Heyward amongst repeat winners for Gold Glove Awards
Rockies third baseman, Royals left fielder and Cubs proper fielder declare fifth awards for defensive excellence.
A hyperlink has been posted to your Facebook feed.
USA TODAY Sports
Published 10:30 p.m. ET Nov. 7, 2017
Here’s a take a look at a number of the high gamers in Major League Baseball who’re coming into free company.
USA TODAY Sports
Rockies third baseman Nolan Arenado makes a play on the run to throw out a Marlins base runner at Marlins Park in Miami on Aug. 12.(Photo: Jasen Vinlove, USA TODAY Sports)
The Rawlings Gold Glove Awards had been handed out Tuesday, with a number of of the identical faces showing on the checklist.
Colorado Rockies third baseman Nolan Arenado, Kansas City Royals left fielder Alex Gordon and Chicago Cubs proper fielder Jason Heyward topped the checklist of repeat winners, as every claimed their fifth Gold Glove.
Gordon’s teammate, not less than for now, Eric Hosmer received his fourth award for his protection at first base. Unless Hosmer accepts the qualifying provide tendered to him by the Royals, he’ll develop into a free agent this offseason.
MLB AWARD SEASON
Arizona Diamondbacks pitcher Zack Greinke picked up his fourth Gold Glove.
The Royals, Rockies and D’backs had been amongst 5 groups that had two winners. The Los Angeles Angels and Minnesota Twins had been the others.
There had been additionally six first-time winners: Blue Jays pitcher Marcus Stroman, Angels catcher Martin Maldonado, Twins second baseman Brian Dozier, Twins heart fielder Byron Buxton, Cincinnati Reds catcher Tucker Barnhardt and Miami Marlins left fielder Marcell Ozuna.
The full checklist of winners is under with the variety of whole Gold Glove wins in parentheses:
- P — Marcus Stroman, Blue Jays (1st)
- C — Martin Maldonado, Angels (1st)
- 1B — Eric Hosmer, Royals (4th)
- 2B — Brian Dozier, Twins (1st)
- 3B — Evan Longoria, Tampa Bay Rays (third)
- SS — Andrelton Simmons, Angels (third)
- LF — Alex Gordon, Royals (fifth)
- CF — Byron Buxton, Twins (1st)
- RF — Mookie Betts, Boston Red Sox (2nd)
- P — Zack Greinke, Diamondbacks (4th)
- C — Tucker Barnhardt, Reds (1st)
- 1B — Paul Goldschmidt, Diamondbacks (third)
- 2B — DJ LeMahieu, Rockies (2nd)
- 3B — Nolan Arenado, Rockies (fifth)
- SS — Brandon Crawford, Giants (third)
- LF — Marcell Ozuna, Marlins (1st)
- CF — Endre Inciarte, Braves (2nd)
- RF — Jason Heyward, Cubs (fifth)
Gallery: Best of the 2017 World Series