To navigate the market today you need to know about the impact of Kovid-19.
• President Donald Trump said on Friday that McKesson would partner with the US government to distribute a coronavirus vaccine When one is approved. Speaking at a White House news conference, Trump said a joint effort was being made under the United States government’s Operation Taunting motion, which aims to distribute the Kovid-19 vaccine dose to the American public. McKesson shares rose nearly 3% in recent trading action. Just before Trump’s mention of the company, the stock was up about 1.7%.
• Rent a clothing subscription startup, Runway, has not decided to reopen its storeCompany President Anushka Salinas said during a CNBC interview.
• Stein Mart is closing all its stores In the affair of the retailer. Here is a complete list of stores that hold liquidation sales.
• Canada’s Competition Bureau is investigating Amazon.com
For its operation in that country, “to say that there is no conclusion of lawlessness at this time,” but is also inviting input from the public.
• US retail sales grew 1.2% since June, Which was lower than the consensus estimate of 2% among analysts provided by FactSet. A slight increase in April was followed by a gradual 8.4% growth in June and 18% in May, followed by a 15% drop in April.
• UK government will buy another 90 million doses of Kovid-19 vaccines60 million from Novaxax and 30 million from Jensen Pharmacectica, a unit of Johnson & Johnson..
The UK has now made arrangements to purchase 340 million coronavirus vaccine supplements. Here is a round of the latest developments in antiviral drugs and vaccines.
• European Commission announces a deal to purchase 300 million doses of Kovid-19 vaccine From AstraZeneca,
The vaccine once proven to be safe and effective, with an option to purchase 100 million.
• European shares declined Britain included France on its quarantine list and China’s National Bureau of Statistics reported mixed news for July, including a 4.8% increase in industrial production from a year earlier and a 1.1% drop in retail sales.
• Director of National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, Drs. Anthony Fauci suggested that as many classes as possible are held in schools., That school buses keep their windows open, and students wear face masks during conversations on Facebook Live with Road Masks. Gina Raymondo.
• Fauci also said that herd immunity is not possible for Kovid-19, Because trying to access it rather than maintaining safety procedures while waiting for a vaccine can result in a “massive” death. During an interview with actor Matthew McConaughey on Instagram, Fauci also discussed the success of small island nations in contact tracing and reducing coronovirus.
• A federal judge ruled that an epidemic caused income to be paid to an insurance company by a group of hair salon and restaurant owners in Kansas and Missouri.. The plaintiffs alleged that their claims should be covered by “all-risks” policies that do not exclude the harm caused by a virus. In other cases, judges have dismissed business-interruption insurance claims because they only cover losses resulting from “direct material loss or loss”.
E-mail: [email protected]