Elijah Silvera died on Nov. Three after he reportedly went into anaphylactic shock from consuming a grilled cheese at a college in Harlem.
A college in New York City on Wednesday shut down after a Three-year-old boy, severely allergic to dairy, died after consuming a grilled cheese sandwich, experiences stated.
Elijah Silvera died on Nov. Three after he went into anaphylactic shock from consuming a grilled cheese on the Seventh Avenue Center for Family Services in Harlem, The Daily News reported. He was rushed to the Harlem Hospital pediatric emergency room the place he died.
Silvera was served the sandwich “despite them [the school] knowing and having documented that he has a severe allergy to dairy,” in response to a GoFundMe web page. The New York City Health Department launched a press release late Wednesday that the varsity will stay shut because the investigation continues, Fox eight reported.
“There is nothing more important than the safety of our children and we are deeply saddened by this tragedy. We will get to the bottom of what happened here. In the meantime, we’re closing the Center for Family Services and continuing to aggressively investigate what happened and whether the facility could have done something differently to prevent this tragedy,” the badertion learn.
Silvera’s GoFundMe web page has raised almost $18,500 and can go in direction of an impartial post-mortem report.