The popular title of the real battle, Apex Legends, has received a new patch that addresses a variety of problems related to audio, shock detection, PC failures and more. Respawn Entertainment community manager, Jay Frechette, visited the EA blog to detail the patch, which is now available for all three platforms.
Frequette discussed the improvements made to audio performance. "We have made improvements to our code and our content that we hope will solve [sounds dropping out, missing sounds for an extended duration, or distortion for a period of time]"These corrections should reduce the encounter rate of the audio problems described.
Also in the audio department, Frechette confirmed that the team has tackled other problems, "such as increasing the volume of enemy close steps and lowering the overall volume of the game from the character selection screen to the end of the fall sequence" .
Shock detection has been controversial for Apex Legends, but this new patch should eliminate most cases of incorrect hit detection with the help of tracking bullet damage behind the scenes. "We hope to be able to find registration problems, but with these corrections and diagnostic information, we are better equipped to track them," Frechette wrote.
It seems that Internet connectivity can result in incorrect hit detection. To better determine how Internet connectivity factors in hit detection, Respawn has "refined the functionality behind [their] Indicators icons of network problems in the upper right part of the screen. "These icons may appear more frequently now, but they will help"[narrow] down the cause of any error "the team may notice.
Finally, PC locks seem to be ubiquitous among Apex Legends players. It reappeared remarkably, "that the Intel CPUs sometimes did not execute the instructions correctly in a particular function". Locks appear to occur when writing to an invalid memory. And so, Respawn discovered that "lowering the clock always solved the blocks, even if the CPU was not overloaded or overheated." Intel has been notified, but this patch includes a temporary solution to prevent and / or limit the number of locks in the meantime.
You can see the full notes of the patch below.
Audio corrections and improvements
One of the biggest problems we had was addressing the audio performance to address the reports of missing sounds, missing sounds over a prolonged period or distortion over a period of time. We have made improvements to both our code and our content which, hopefully, will solve these problems for many players, and should reduce the amount and time they have audio problems for others.
We've also addressed some of the other problems with the game, including increasing the volume of the game from the character selection screen to the end of the launch sequence. We will continue to monitor problems and address them as necessary. Below are the notes on the improvements we have included in today's patch as we continue to work on future improvements.
- The improved audio engine has 30% more CPU efficiency, which reduces the possibility of distortion or dropouts.
- Less impact on data loading through changes in code and content to improve the possible problems of desertion.
Quality of life
- Lower the main volume of all sounds during the character selection screen until the end of the fall sequence.
- He lowered the sound volume of the Wraith environmental kunai blade for those who are sensitive to sound. If it is still annoying, we will remove it in a later patch.
- Greater proximity of enemy steps for all legends.
- Increased the priority of enemy steps to ensure that sounds are played in intense combat situations.
- He slightly lowered the volume of the Pathfinder steps heard from the first person view.
- Fixed faults of dry or silent fire (no ammunition activation sound) and low ammunition (the progressive change in sound that causes the loader to approach the void) sounds for the R301, Hemlok, Flatline and RE45.
- Increased the volume of the music played when winning a game.
- Added more detailed audio to the training mission.
- An occlusion error was corrected for the "calm" sound of the Havoc.
- Fixed the problem with automatic gunfire sounds that sometimes get stuck, usually after a legend reappears.
- The error was corrected with the sounds of the missing tail of RE45 (the echo in the environment after the shot) when it was close.
Arrangements and improvements in shock detection
If we talk about last week, we have implemented some corrections that should eliminate many cases or an incorrect visit record. This also includes a behind the scenes tracking of the bullet damage logic. We hope that there are some problems of registration of successes, but with these corrections and diagnostic information, we are better equipped to track them.
A potential cause of successful registration errors can be simple Internet connection problems. In order to determine what factor this really is, we refined the functionality behind the network problem indicator icons in the upper right part of the screen. These icons are now more demanding with respect to the quality of your connection and may appear more frequently than before.
These changes in the icons will be useful to reduce the cause of any error that we continue to see. Continue sharing videos and report the hit registration issues that you still encounter after the patch.
Solution for Lifeline's "Pick Me Up" banner error on PS4
- The problem has been resolved and we will reset the banner once the patch is active.
- NOTE: We made changes in the client and the backend to solve this problem, and it takes a little time to have full effect. We hope that the error is resolved within a few hours after the patch is active.
[PC ONLY] Specific failures of Intel CPUs
We researched the crash reports of many people who crashed frequently and found that Intel CPUs sometimes did not execute the instructions correctly in a particular function. A common example was an instruction that only reads a locked record when writing to an invalid memory. With the help of many forum users, we found that the clock speed always solved the fault, even if the CPU was not overloaded or overheated. Thank you all, good greetings to Falkentyne, TEZZ0FIN0, JorPorCorTTV and MrDakk!
This has been by far the most commonly reported PC lock in the last month, and we have announced to Intel about the problem. Meanwhile, we have a solution in this patch to prevent it from locking at the speed of its original clock by simply changing the instructions used by that function.
Correction of additional errors
- The problem with the Pbadive Fortified for Gibraltar and Caustic was solved, where they could suffer damages through shields.
- Fixed the bug that allowed players to attach objects to Gibraltar's Gun Shield.
- It is true that it has been fun to see the results of this, but the behavior is not intentional by design and could get out of control. The objects will no longer stick to the Gibraltar Coat of Arms. However, it will now bypbad Arc Stars.