Sisolak issued a statement cursing Trump just before the President’s 7 pm PST event in Henderson, hoping to pull thousands of supporters – and for violating Nevada’s restrictions on gatherings of 50 people or more .
“President Donald Trump is taking reckless and selfish actions that are endangering countless lives in Nevada,” Sisolak said in the statement.
“The president has forgotten that this country is still in the midst of a global epidemic.”
The statement came after the president hosted a rally in Reno on Saturday night, and “a Latin for Trump” roundtable in Las Vegas earlier on Sunday.
The Democratic governor said Trump was disobeying Nevada’s public health directives by holding large indoor gatherings, classified as “Indo-Risk” by the American Center for Disease Control and Prevention.
“He has decided that he does not have to respect the laws of our state. As always, he does not believe the rules apply to him,” Sisolak said.
He described Trump’s antics as “an insult to every newborn who followed instructions, made sacrifices, and put his neighbors before himself.”
Sisolak said, “With the progress we have made recently, it is a direct threat to everyone, and could possibly bring us back.”
He said: “At a time when Nevada is focused on getting our economy back on track and protecting public health, the president’s actions this weekend are shameful, dangerous and irresponsible.”