NC coronovirus update: Hillside High School in Durham closes again after potential COVID-19 positive test


Raleights, NC – In North Carolina, there is the latest update about COVID-19, a disease caused by a novel called Corvorus.

How can we assist you? See our COVID-19 information and resources page here

Third morning morning streetHillside High School in Durham is closed for the second time in two weeks after learning of a potentially positive COVID-19 case in an employee. The staff under consideration was helping the SAT administration last Saturday. Hillside will reopen on Friday. HHS was also closed on 23 September.

Southwest Elementary School in Durham is also closed from 9 October. School officials found that an employee was contagious.

From 5pm on Friday, the movie theater, amusement park and outdoor venue will reopen under Phase 3 with a limited capacity of 30% or 100 people.

The COVID-19 metrics went the wrong direction on Wednesday when an additional 1,495 new cases were announced and 6.5% of the tests came out positive.

The NFL game between the Pittsburgh Steelers and Tennessee Titans has postponed their game to Sunday originally as several Titans players tested positive for COVID-19.

Wednesday
3, 48 o’clock
The Halifax County Health Department reports three new cases for a total of 1,043 positive COVID 19 cases. Those 930 (89.17 percent) patients have recovered. There have been 19 COVID-19 related deaths, 1.8 percent of cases.

at 2 pm
Gov. Roy Cooper gave a media briefing where he announced that North Carolina Step 3 has to be reopened Effective friday.

For the first time since March, the bars will be able to open, even if with limited outdoor capacity. Movie theaters, amusement parks, and outdoor spaces will also be open with limited seating.

All the above businesses will be allowed to open 30 percent capacity or 100 people, whichever is less. In addition, as Cooper announced last week, all outdoor stadiums that could seat more than 10,000 people would only be allowed to open to a capacity of 7 percent.

Cooper said the curfew would remain in force at 11 a.m. on the sale of alcohol.
MIRA AQUÍ | LAS ULTIMAS NOTICIAS SOBER L. CORONVIRUS

NCDHHS Secretary Drs. Mandy Cohen provided an update on the state’s key COVID-19 metrics, stressing that key indicators are stable, but progress is still fragile.

Cohen said the number of syndromic visits such as COVID to emergency rooms has increased slightly over the past few days – a metric that had been declining for weeks. “We really want to see this trend decline,” Cohen said.

Additionally, the trajectories of new cases have leveled off in recent weeks and are lower than the state peak in July and are colliding in mid-August cases. However, Cohen said that health officials want to ease the trend.

Similarly, the percentage of positive tests has been 5% or less, however, an increase of more than 6% in the last two days is troubling the health authorities.

“We must work hard to continue our progress,” said Cohen.

Cohen also said that hospitalizations are still stable – although high – and capacity is available statewide.

Cohen stressed that North Carolinians can slow down the spread of COVID-19 by practicing 3w, downloading the slow COVID NC app, and receiving flu shots.

“We need a balance to move forward,” Cohen said, emphasizing personal responsibility for reopening the state’s economy as well as limiting community dissemination.

12:47 PM
The Sampson County Health Department reports six new cases, bringing the total to 2,308 positive cases. The death toll in the county is 27.

12:00 pm
The North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services reported 1,495 new COVID-19 cases and 13,225 more completed trials.The percentage of positive tests climbed to 6.5% on Monday for the fourth day. However, many counties in the Triangle and North have tested less than 5% positive, including Wake, Durham, Orange, Chatham, Lee, Franklin, Granville, Person, Vance, Halifax and Northampton.

Currently, 956 people are hospitalized with COVID-19, with 97% of the hospitals. In the last 24 hours, 389 suspected COVID-19 patients were admitted to statewide hospitals, an increase of more than 100 patients from the previous two days. Hospitals in North Carolina have 297 adult ICU patients with COVID-19 and 507 available ICU beds in the state.

9:45
Admission to three Wake County facilities soon will require new COVID-19 screening.

Starting Friday, October 2, anyone entering the Wake County Justice Center, the Wake County Courthouse or the Wake County Office Building will have to check their temperature and answer some questions about possible symptoms.

Wednesday morning stories

North Carolina Gov. Roy Cooper has a much awaited update to be held on Wednesday, two days before our state reopening plan ends.

Last week, Gov. Cooper announced that outdoor event venues could open up to 7% capacity. Gov. Cooper indicated that if the numbers continued positively, more restrictions could be lifted. Bars, movie theaters and restaurants are fighting to survive in light of the months-long ban.

Copyright © 2020 ABC11-WTVD-TV / DT. All rights reserved – The Associated Press contributed to this report.

    .

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.