The charity worker, who has consistently protested her innocence, is now approaching the end of the original five-year sentence.
Speaking to CNN on Sunday, his lawyer Mahmood Behzadi described the new allegations as “propaganda against the raging establishment”.
“He should have been taken from his home to the Revolutionary Court [Sunday] “The ankle monitoring device had to be attached,” Behzadi said.
Zagari-Ratcliffe’s husband Richard said the lawsuit was deferred.
In a statement released on Tuesday, he said: “In the last months it has become clear that Nazneen is a hostage.”
Humming these words, British jurist Tulip Siddique tweeted on Sunday, “He is relaxed, frustrated, stressed and angry. He is being negotiated once again.”
The UK Foreign Office said in a statement earlier this week that Iran’s decision to bring fresh charges against her is “uncertain and unacceptable,” adding that “she should not be returned to prison.”
Zagari-Ratcliffe is under “half-house arrest” and can only walk within a radius of 300 meters, his lawyer said.
CNN’s Sarah Dean and Shams Elvezer contributed to this report