Newbie mets Pete Alonso He has been on fire for the first 10 games of his career in the big leagues. And now it is at the point where you are making history.
Alonso, who crushed two more home runs on Tuesday night to bring his season total to five, became the first player in modern MLB history (since 1900) to have at least 11 extra-base hits in his career. his first 10 games in his career, according to Elias Sports. Office. No other player has more than nine.
Alonso, 24, is hitting .385 / .429 / .923 with five homers, six doubles, 14 RBIs and eight runs scored in 10 games (42 appearances on the plate).
Some other statistics of Alonso of the note:
- He is one of eight players in MLB history with 14 or more RBIs in his first 10 games in his career. The 14 runs batted in in their first 10 games are a Mets record.
- His 15 hits are tied by most of the Mets' one-man games in 10 games (with Mike Vail).
- He is the Mets' first rookie with a three-home run streak since Benny Agbayani in 1999.
- He is the second player of the Mets with a game of several homers in his first 10 games (Mike Jacobs is the other).
Three of Alonso's bombs:
Video: Pete Alonso home runs in the third consecutive game at Citi Field
Video: Pete Alonso hits a big 3-run home run in the seventh inning
Video: OBSERVATION: Pete Alonso arrives at the first HR at Citi Field
Alonso's spray table so far:
And here is a chart of Pete Alonso's first 15 hits in the big leagues. All the fields with power. You will not find a more eclectic mix. pic.twitter.com/C6UdLFaKKS
– Anthony DiComo (@AnthonyDiComo) April 10, 2019