* Everton drew 1-1 at home to West Bromwich Albion
* Substitute Oumar Niasse equalized for Everton in the 70th minute
* Striker Jay Rodríguez scored the first goal for visitors
* Theo Walcott made his Everton debut after moving out of Arsenal
* Local midfielder James McCarthy suffered an alleged leg fracture
* Everton host Leicester City next, West Brom at Manchester City
Jan 20 ( Reuters) – Everton substitute Oumar Niasse scored with his first touch to save a 1-1 draw against West Bromwich Albion, but Saturday's game was overshadowed when his Irish midfielder James McCarthy suffered a suspected leg fracture in the second half .
West Brom went ahead when Jay Rodriguez passed the ball past goalkeeper Jordan Pickford in the seventh minute after Polish midfielder Grzegorz Krychowiak hit a sublime pass behind the defense with the outside of his right foot.
Things went from bad to worse for Everton, who sent new signing Theo Walcott of Arsenal, when McCarthy, 27, suffered a serious leg injury after the interval while trying to stop Salomon Rondon from jumping Brom.
McCarthy, whose season has been affected by an injury, was replaced by Wayne Rooney and taken to the hospital before Senegalese Niasse replaced the tie at 70 in Everton, leaving West Brom in the second. (Philip O & # 39; Connor Report; Ken Ferris Edition)