Las Vegas police say they have not yet determined a motive for gunman Stephen Paddock, who killed 58 fans gathered at an outdoor concert and wounded 500 more before of committing suicide on Sunday night at an outdoor concert in Las Vegas. (October 6)
PHOENIX – Las Vegas assassin Stephen Paddock was killed in October was meticulously planned, and he explored other possible targets across the country before killing 58 concertgoers . But after four months of research, his motive remains a mystery.
These are the key points in a preliminary report from the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police that describes details of the October 1 mass murder in chronological detail, with photographs and a list of victims.
Paddock, a 64-year-old accountant, player and collector of weapons, conducted his assault from a couple of rooms on the 32nd floor at the Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino, which led to an open-air venue known as Las Vegas Village
Some 22,000 people enjoyed a final performance at the Route 91 Music Festival when Paddock began to spray them with bullets, using the so-called "potholes" that legally transform semi-automatic rifles into rapid firearms. 19659011] More: Forensic: The Las Vegas gunman shot himself in the mouth
More: Report: The Vegas shooter bought 55 guns in 1 year ]
In addition to 58 who were killed an 81-page report published on Friday says police explored "every fact of Paddock's life" before concluding that a group of 700 people suffered gunshot wounds or wounds during combat 10 minutes melee. he acted alone. The report lists other key findings:
• Paddock's computer searches and other behaviors prior to the shooting suggest he explored other goals, including the beaches of Southern California, Fenway Park in Boston and a concert previous in Las Vegas. I had bought a hotel reservation coinciding with the Lollapalooza music festival in Grant Park in Chicago.
• Paddock began planning the attack months earlier, and made extensive and detailed preparations. He searched the Internet to learn about the SWAT weapons of the Las Vegas police, tactics and the use of explosives. Inside their rooms at Mandalay Bay, the researchers found a blue tube with a long tube, possibly used to prevent the inhalation of gunpowder fumes. Outside the rooms, Paddock installed surveillance cameras, a false explosive and a device to block the police door.
• Paddock fired at least eight rounds at a giant propane fuel tank near the Las Vegas airport, hitting it twice but not triggering what could have been a huge explosion.
• Although Paddock mounted a huge arsenal, which includes more than 100 firearms purchased in the previous year, he had no criminal record or contact with the law enforcement that led to the killing.
• Investigators found no suicide note or manifesto and said "there is no evidence of radicalization or ideology to support any theory that Paddock supported or followed hate groups or national or foreign terrorist organizations . "
• The report says that forensic analysts found" several hundred images of child pornography "on the hard drive of Paddock's computer, and those rem images We are investigating.
In summary, the police report concludes that "nothing was found to indicate Paddock's motive."