For updates, it brings fixes for major playthrough stoppers, loading issues, and outfit unlock bugs. Meanwhile, other works are currently underway that will bring matchmaking, retrospective unlock fixes and substantial improvements over the next week. In fact, the above pair teases the next update of the game. This is the biggest yet.
Below, you can see the full patch notes courtesy of Square Enix:
- Fixes the issue where some organizations were being reopened. We are still investigating how to return outfits that do not come through marketplaces or challenge cards to affected players.
- A problem that caused some players to drop out of the world while starting the Avengers Initiative.
- Fixes for some DEVICE_HUNG crashes that are experiencing some uses.
PS4 and Xbox One:
- An infinite bug has been resolved where players are unable to progress with the campaign due to the infinite loading screen.
- This patch does not fix the fix for those who have already encountered it – bad saving states will be resolved in V1.3.0.
- Addressed the majority of examples of partially filled helicarriers, which resulted in infinitely falling out of the world when they tried to use the Avengers initiative.
- There are rare instances where this can still happen, but the patch ensures that loading back into the main menu and then returning to the Avengers Initiative will solve it. We are still working to eliminate this bug completely.
- Campaign mission reward organizations will no longer disappear from the cosmetics inventory UI. It was presented as costumes that were previously unlocked through campaign progress – such as Stark Take Outfits – by returning to a closed position.
- We prevented this from happening in V1.2.5, but the patch does not provide outfits for those who have already encountered it – bad save states will be resolved in V1.3.0.
- Marketplace and Challenge Card outfits will be restored and will no longer be re-locked in the cosmetics inventory UI. It has been presented as costumes that were previously unlocked through online play – such as Hero Challenge card rewards, pattern drops, and faction vendors – returning to a closed state.
- Updated Community Challenge UI that now reflects current community progress.
- Save backup UI improvements
- Load time optimization
- Xbox Only: Achievements must now be unlocked and increments properly. We are still investigating whether all achievements will be given retrospectively – our current theory is that the story is willful, but will not be challenge based.
Marvel’s Avengers The PS4 is available via Xbox One, PC and Nintendo Switch. If you haven’t already, check out our official review of the game to find out what we think of the latest Marvel title.