Marvel’s Avengers suffered from a lot of bugs at launch, but the developers took the first step towards fixing the game.
The v1.3.0 patch, which has been highly anticipated by the community, is now available for PC players and will be available to console players on Friday at 6 pm PT.
Many of the improvements were based on player feedback. For example, players can now see progress after being revived. The biggest complaint from users (at least from what we saw on the subdivision) was that it was hard to tell when the challenges would be fresh. The patch will present a global content refresh and challenge reset time every day. The challenges will reset every Thursday at 10 am PT.
Players will also receive 25 Challenger Points, starting on 25 September.
In the patch notes, the Combat section is the most extensive, with many fixes that are either stuck in character or not working properly. For example, there was apparently an issue with Black Widow when he was unable to go up the stairs at the target with his high-caliber pistol. Many improvements have also been made here. Iron Man’s Hyper Coils skills have now increased over a 10-second span and it is easy for the overbearing Kamala to revive the enemies below. Fighting Adaptoids (AI affected by inhuman skills) has also been tweaked.
The patch notes are super comprehensive, the longest we’ve seen for recent games, but here are some highlights. You can read the rest of them here.
- “A-Day will not progress if the player starts the campaign from the War Table after first selecting the Avengers initiative.
- “” An issue where the fabrication machine will sometimes not award units of an outfit (or duplicate pattern). “
- “Fixed problem” interrogation concerns “prevent completion.”
- Fixed Captain America character model bug in “front line” organization. “
- Many reforms to save the state poorly.
- For challenges and other content visit a global refresh time every week.
- The team determined several locations where the player could fall out of bounds or get stuck on the geometry.
- “Matchmaking is now enabled during the mission launch countdown to give players more time to join.”
- “Accepting hackable terminals with a hero that lacks the capability that now displays a tutorial that explains why it cannot be accessed.”
- “The War Table icon now appears different when a new mission becomes available.”
- “The award mark has been corrected for some missions to display actual prizes.”
- Many ragdoll issues.
Marvel’s Avengers from Crystal Dynamics and Square Enix launched to mixed reviews. While we praised the game in our Marvel Avengers review for its solid story and surprisingly complex gameplay, we couldn’t get over the repetitive multiplayer grinds and various bugs.
Protect this planet
An ever expanding online game
After a catastrophic incident left San Francisco in ruins, the Avengers are disbanded. However, five years later an even greater evil threatens the planet, and it is up to you to assemble the crew and save the world once again.