Home / U.S. / Manhunt triggered by the killing, the kidnapping of a child ends after the suspect found the shot

Manhunt triggered by the killing, the kidnapping of a child ends after the suspect found the shot




Updated at 9:38 p.m., Sunday, January 21, 2018


UPDATE: 9:20

Guadalupe County Sheriff Arnold Zwicke confirmed on Sunday night that Richard José Concepción He died

Sheriff Zwicke said Concepción died en route to a local hospital after suffering a self-inflicted gunshot wound.

ORIGINAL HISTORY:

The shooting death of a woman and the kidnapping of her 18-month-old son unleashed a multiple county Chase the boy's father, a recently retired army veteran, who was later found with a self-inflicted bullet wound and the child safe in his truck, authorities said.



Richard José Concepción, 37, and his son were found by authorities in Guadalupe County nearly two hours after an 18-month Amber Alert for Aaron Joseph Concepción was issued Sunday morning.

Until Sunday night, Concepción was still hospitalized and her condition was reported as serious.

San Antonio Police Chief Wil liam McManus said agents were called to help in the 18-month-old child custody exchange at around 8 am, but the call changed when shots were fired at the house on the block 10400 of Arbor Bluff.

When police arrived at the northwest residence, the unidentified woman was found dead at the door of the house and Concepcion had fled with the child, McManus said.

According to the records of Bexar County, Concepcion was currently involved in a divorce proceedings with Sarah Alexis Furey. Although the records did not indicate when the couple got married, the action was filed on October 30 and the next day a temporary restraining order had been placed in Concepción. It is not clear if the TRO had been lifted.

Saying that the relationship between the couple was estranged, McManus said officers have been called home several times in the past for internal problems since the couple separated.

According to José Rodríguez, spokesman for the Medical Department and the US Army School. UU., Concepción was an army sergeant with a transitional license until his retirement.

McManus said that a photograph published on Saturday on Facebook shows that Concepcion has Army discharge papers with a caption that said "Done!"

Police said the other two children of the couple were not involved in the incident. Details about who would take custody of the three children did not happen immediately.

The shooting marks the second violent incident involving a former member of the army. On November 5, Devin Kelley shot and killed 26 people at the First Baptist Church in Sutherland Springs. Kelley had been a member of the Air Force until he was court-martialled and fired for an incident of domestic violence with his stepson.

Writers Nicole Bautista, Sig Christenson and Chris Quinn and news researcher Michael Knoop contributed to this report.

aluna@express-news.net | Twitter: alexluna801


Source link