Man is not guilty of first-degree murder in the horrific murder of Tech CEO Fahim Saleh

21-year-old Tyrese Haspil pleaded not guilty via Skype before a state court judge in Manhattan, as a grand jury charged him with first and second-degree murder, second-degree grand larceny, second-degree theft , Pleaded guilty to appellate upgrade charges. According to the Manhattan District Attorney’s Office, tampering with a human corpse and physical evidence.

Saleh, 33, who recently founded Manhattan venture capital firm Adventure Capital, was killed in his Manhattan apartment on July 13. Haspil handled Saleh’s finances and personal matters, a law enforcement official with knowledge of the investigation said. According to the officer, the assistant allegedly owed his boss thousands of dollars and was on a repayment plan.

According to Saleh, Saleh was “a witness to a crime committed on a prior occasion and the death was caused by the victim’s testimony not being withheld or proceeding with or in any criminal action.”

The soldier charged Hasspill with three grand larceny counts for stealing thousands of dollars from Saleh through a PayPal and Intuit transfer.

Court documents state that a Makita was found in Saleh’s apartment with scissors, a knife, gloves and a mask, as well as bags containing heads and limbs.

Neville Mitchell, a lawyer with the Homicide Defense Task Force of the Legal Aid Society, said, “We are here combating everything including the circumstances of the death and proving whether they can do anything with this young man.” ” , Which is representing Haspil.

“This is going to be a vigorous defense for this youngster. There are a lot of things that we are investigating that you know that we are not ready to present in terms of defense at this time, but there will be a vigorous defense. ”

According to Mitchell, Hisil is being held in Rikers Island.

The case was adjourned till 11 January.

Police said Saleh was found dead the day after he was killed in the living room of his condo on the Lower East Side. His cousin went to check on him. His head and limbs were cut off.

Police said at the time that Hapil allegedly attacked Saleh with Tussar. Saleh had just stepped out of the elevator which went directly into his seventh-floor apartment.

Saleh was last seen in surveillance video, according to a law enforcement officer who was going into the elevator with a masked man all black.

According to the criminal complaint, Saleh was killed on the neck and torso with five knives during an autopsy.

Saleh was known for his support of fledgling technology.
He was born in Saudi Arabia to Bangladeshi parents. He grew up in New York and earned a computer science degree from Bentley University in Massachusetts.
& # 39;  He had a very big smile.  & # 39;  Nigeria's tech industry resurfaced after Gokada founder's death
In 2015 Saleh involved others in launching Patao. The app provides ride sharing and food delivery. It will become one of the fastest growing start-ups in Asia.

Saleh was the CEO of Gocada, a Nigerian motorcycle ride-hill company that launched in 2018.

Surveillance video from a Manhattan hardware store in the morning after Saleh’s murder caught Haspil carrying an electric saw and cleaning supplies, which was later discovered near Saleh and was severed from the torso, according to the complaint.

When Saleh’s cousin drank his condo later in the morning of July 14, the assistant was allegedly cutting Saleh’s body with saws and escaped, according to the law enforcement officer. Haspil was arrested in Manhattan.

CNN’s Sonia Moghe contributed to this report.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.