When you’ve breast most cancers, you understand simply how a lot an inspiring message can imply.
Meet Nancy Shepard, R.N., Founder and CEO, I.W.I.N. Foundation I.W.I.N. = Indiana Women in Need, and Kristen Toussaint, Founder/Artist, BE Inspired Jewelry and Inspired Goods, and Breast Cancer Survivor. Together, they inform us extra concerning the partnership to honor women and men who’re combating breast most cancers and how one can assist, too!
- W.I.N. serves women and men in Indiana who’re combating breast most cancers by offering small direct items of assist within the $250-$500 vary. These funds assist recipients and their households cowl on a regular basis issues that may be neglected however can be stressors when present process breast most cancers remedy. This may very well be cash for fuel to get to and from medical appointments, housecleaning, childcare help, yoga lessons and such.
- Nancy based I.W.I.N. in 2000 in honor of her good friend, Ellen, a mother of two littles ones who was identified at 36. Nancy realized that there have been funds out there for wigs, make-up and the like, however nothing a lot to assist offset the expense and stress of on a regular basis actions – or simply to permit sufferers to de-stress a bit. Treatment will be exhausting and have an effect on work schedules, making added bills for “help” or one other tank of fuel every week very tough.
- W.I.N. now serves over 500 people every year, throughout all 92 Indiana counties. Although the title specifies “women,” I.W.I.N. additionally has served eight males via its applications, as they’re being identified extra regularly with breast most cancers. Since inception, I.W.I.N. has delivered 1.7 million in companies, who’ve ranged in age from 20 to 93. In Indiana alone, over 5000 people might be identified with breast most cancers this yr.
- Kristen Toussaint is herself a breast most cancers survivor who began designing and crafting distinctive jewellery and residential items with inspiring, uplifting messages and her signature “BE” brand in 1997, a long time earlier than her personal prognosis. She’s all the time loved the inventive means of letting her jewellery designs reveal themselves to her – many are made with metallic clay – however since beating breast most cancers, finds the inspiration behind her tagline, “Be where you are, in your moment, remembering to just BE.”
- Starting this weekend, Kristen might be launching a particular vacation fundraiser to learn I.W.I.N. Beginning November 17 and operating via mid-December, 15% of BE’s on-line gross sales might be donated to I.W.I.N. Kristen hopes to lift at the very least $250 for the inspiration.
For extra details about I.W.I.N., go to the web site at www.iwinfounation.org or Facebook at https://www.fb.com/IWINFoundation/
To study extra about BE Jewelry and Inspired Goods and store the sale, go to the web site at www.remembertobe.com.
You may also like BE on Facebook at https://www.fb.com/BEjewelryandinspiredgoods/